Jamal Charles shooting up the draft charts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Austin_Bill, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think Charles could be one of those guys that back up someone, but end up shining enough to get a trade and start for someone else a couple years later.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

What I mean is he has a tendancy to run OB. I would rather have a guy who would try to get the extra yard by running into a cloud of defenders but that does cause fumbles. :hmm:

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think he has some good qualities beyond just speed and explosiveness. He gets his pads down in traffic and is patient with his blocking. He doesn't just turn every counter trey into a sweep.

I just don't think the titans are going to draft him because i don't see us drafting a RB...

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree the odds aren't real good we draft any RB in the 1st however I will say Charles might be exactly what we need as a 3rd RB. If he were to drop to our spot in the 2nd round he would be the pick IMO but he won't last that long.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone want to bet me a six-pack of their beer of choice that the Titans draft a RB in the first three rounds?

It ain't happenin'. They'll bring in a multi-purpose vet to help mentor White and Henry or take a mid to late-round draft pick.

6. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

what if rashard mendenhall is there?

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Mendenhall is a pure runningback and is better at it than charles, but charles is a guy that compliments what we already have at runningback. He is a guy that doesn't have to have the ball in his hands to open things up. what I really like about him is the tought of isolating him 1 on 1 with a linebacker. No linebacker on this earth can stay step for step with him. The one thing I love about him is that we will never ever hear of a guy like him reporting to camp fat and out of shape.

As for TitanJeff's comment about betting we if we will draft a runningback or not. Our whole prision system is full of guys who chose not to do what they should do vs what they wanted to do. It's called not thinking ahead.

Last year the Titans drafted a safety when we could have had a corner named Aaron Ross, but we had the idea of converting him to corner. Charles is neither a runningback nor a receiver but a hybrid of both and can be used in either capacity with equal success. The guy is a playmaker and that is what this offense is really missing, playmakers, guys who can turn nothing into something.

As for what I think the titans will do; our GM is a former NFL safety, that is exactly what you need to remember, he is likely going to draft defense 1st in almost every draft because that is what he thinks is going to win championships. There is no way Vince Young gets drafted if MR was the GM. We stand a much better chance of trading for an offensive guy by getting rid of Pacman.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

It is widely believed that the decision to draft Vince Young came from our owner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar