Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ConVinced10, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we wouldn't need him to do that, but it would add to his value for another team, hence he would go earlier in the draft.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

This is why I could see Mendenhall and/or Stewart falling to us at 24. Whether we take them or not is a different question. For Mendenhall, it's a slight chance, but there is one. The teams that he is slotted to go to in most mocks are also desperate for help on defense, and considering this year's RB class is so deep, there's a possibility that those teams will want to grab a premium defensive player instead.

It's like the OF position in fantasy baseball. You don't draft them early (except for a select few) because there is such an abundance of them. Thus, there is a lot of good value for them in the middle rounds. I could see a lot of backs dropping a little this year because of the same concept.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If Mendenhall were to last until our pick Fisher himself would knock over the podium and slap MR out of the way to turn his card in. Mendenhall is simply too good to pass up and I don't see the former U of Illinois getting past the Bears, a team that like us is built on running the ball and playing defense and they need a stud RB desperately and there aren't any WRs even close to being a value pick (another Bear need).

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I agree. There would be no justification for us not taking Mendenhall if he fell. I don't see much of a chance of that happening, but crazier things have happened (Brady Quinn, Vince Wilfork).

The Bears could use help on the O-line, and with the loss of Muhammad and Berrian, WR may be their biggest need. Detroit, Arizona, and Houston are all desperate for defensive help, and Carolina may feel like they don't need to spend a #1 pick on a RB. Anything's possible and will be very interesting to see how things shake out.

5. LonghornSean

LonghornSean Camp Fodder

Jamaal has great speed and when he finds space he can always take it the distance. I'm concerned about his inside running game, but from watching him at Texas, he can definitely make moves and shake off tackles to gain extra yards even when running inside.

However, I think some of you are not gonna want Charles on the Titans, his grammar and English is much worse than VY's. If some of you guys flip out over "I ain't in no GD draft" then I can't imagine what you'll say when you hear Jamaal speak.

Also, if the Titans draft anymore Longhorns, you're gonna have to be called University of Texas at Nashville. :))

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I guess I'm one of the few that isn't much impressed with Mendenhall? He's pretty bland to me.

7. Deuce Wayne

Impossible. Unless he's just arrived in the states.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'd bet his "bland" could outdo LW's "bland" by a nice margin.

9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I'm with you on this one gloat. I think he's a pretty good rb but I don't think he's as great as some guys are making him out to be.

10. Deuce Wayne

Good point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar