Breaking News Jalen Ramsey requests trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I don't think Ramsey is equivalent to Brown. Ramsey is a big personality for sure, but even now, he isn't threatening to quit on his team, hasn't had off field issues etc.

I just don't see this as that big of an opportunity. He is a really good player for sure, so if we could get him for a reasonable price then count me in. But what does adding Ramsey to this team really do at this point? The defense has played well both games, it is the offense that struggled. So adding to the defense and having a struggling offense doesn't seem like a solution to me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Whoever did this, cheers. :clap: :hugelaugh:

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Ramsey in the secondary with Simmons coming into the line. It’s just potential only I realize, but with an elite D, you just need a serviceable QB with a solid run game to go far. We’ve got that. I’d rather have something like that for certain than to attempt to re-set a QB (which we don’t have enough draft capital to get Tua, possibly not Fromm with all these QB needy teams this year) and have no idea how good that QB will be. That’s why I’m big on taking advantage of a rare opportunity with a proven player like Ramsey. Adoree is just average and we spent a #1 (17) on him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Jacksonville has been pretty solid on defense and have made the playoffs only once since Ramsey has been there, mainly due to their QB issues. I am not against getting Ramsey, but unless we can figure out something with the offense at the same time, I just don't see him being some sort of game changer for us, just like he didn't change the Jags fortunes and turn them into a perennial playoff team.

5. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Is that a bar in Memphis? Looks sick! I want to go there next summer when I visit.

6. Riverman

You mean the defense that allowed a huge gain on a PI and a 59 yard run in the 4th quarter? The D is good but not great and can definitely be improved with Ramsey as a #1 CB.

7. Riverman

Who is this group? Why they watching this on the big screen?

8. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

It’s a meme template. It’s actually from a soccer game inside a bar from awhile back. The gm was actually on that screen but people just sync and edit different vids to fit that screen. They time it to react with the crowd.

This is the original vid:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The defense has given up 32 points in 2 games. Of course they could be better, but they aren't the problem. Only 5 teams have allowed fewer points, and two of those teams have played Miami. On the flip side, only 3 teams average less yards a game than the Titans. Sure we put up points in week one, but one of those scores was defensive and several others were because the defense provided really good field position. They were still only 2-10 on third down, which is bad, and they werent overly consistent. Take out the big play to Henry and Brown, and the offense was pretty pedestrian in week one just like they were in week 2.

#189 dg1979us, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said Jalen Ramsey will play Thursday night against the Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar