Jake Locker's Play vs. Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Agree... To be honest, my only hope today was to come in Houston and keep it somewhat close. After the first defensive series, I was like "oh no, it's going to be a very long day". I am really proud of how we are playing and I really believe we are going to get better and make the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

Close, but not exactly. After the INT pick six, we went 'run, run, pass punt' but it was 3rd and long to Kendall. The 3rd and short to Britt was after Houston scored the tying TD in 1:14. Just to be clear...

3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

No matter his stat line, it comes down to the drive killing 3rd and 1 with Britt open on a quick slant down the middle, Houston brings the pressure and Locker freaks out and throws the ball high and little behind the striding Britt. No poise what-so-ever on that play at least, which ultimately could have cost the game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I can see Britt still running right now if Locker bean bag tosses him the wide open pass.

5. imbread

imbread Starter

all this talk means nothing, they will never bench him!! we can only hope he steps it up

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree. We can play with any team and "any given Sunday" and all that. But let's be real, this offense needs to step it up big time if we're going to have any success in the playoffs (IF we even make it). We'd likely see a lot of high powered offenses in the playoffs and at some point the D is bound to have a bad day. Can this offense keep up? Doubtful.

But hell, I'd be happy just to make the playoffs given our recent history. Super Bowl has never been a realistic option for this team anyway.

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Jake is ONLY 25. He isnt one of the Mannings, he isnt Rodgers. Some of you need to quit acting like he should be. As someone else mentioned, it took Steve McNair a few years to get it together. The 1st 2 weeks of this NFL season should show us that the Titans are very much moving in the right direction. They are a few players on both sides of the ball away from being very very good. They are NOT a Super Bowl team this year. The Titans defense is legit. Its not great yet, but it is light years from last season. Cut Locker some slack. He played in only his 18th game today. Just a season...1 season. He has not thrown an interception yet this season. He isnt killing the team. Does he have things to get better at.. yes. But he isnt hurting the team. The vanilla playing not to lose play calling cost us today. The offensive scheme is to blame for todays loss. Throw the ball out of bounds 3 times and then punt would have been a bettr idea than running CJ into the line from the 6 inch line. Todays loss isnt on Jake.

• High Five High Five x 6
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sure. He has to make that throw.

But let's not forget he'd just took the team 99 yards with his arm. That was as good a drive passing as last week's second quarter drive that featured the run.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

If Locker makes that throw to Britt then I'd say he had a pretty solid game considering all the drives we had in the 2nd and 3rd quarter started on or inside our 20. We killed 3 first downs with penalties that I counted, maybe more of those 3 and out drives. He led what should of a been a game winning 99 yard drive in the 4th quarter that ended in one of his 2 tds. Locker not throwing a pick against 2 of the top 5 defenses in the nfl is promising but he can't miss that throw to Britt. The game is over if he completes that pass to Britt and that's really disappointing.

10. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Looked great, I thought. That is what is so frustrating. Play like that all the time guys!!! cmon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar