Jake Locker's Play vs. Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Playcalling seems to be the bigger issue as of right now IMO...

We gave them a safety due to bad playcalling, and we gave them the ball back with 3 minutes left due to bad playcalling.

That was the difference. You've got to be aggressive in this league... run, run, pass literally did not work for us once, yet we decided to do that with the 8 point lead. Could've gone for the jugular on that drive instead of playing like a bunch of b*tches.

PS Rob Turner sucks... Schwenke now.

• High Five High Five x 9
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The Good:
    - He looked really good on both of the scoring drives.
    - The TD throw to Wright was a thing of beauty.
    - He's taking care of the football and, generally, making good decisions.

The Bad:
    - Two games in and he still hasn't thrown for 150 yards.
    - Still has some serious accuracy issues, typically at the worst times (i.e. the slant)

I'm not ready to definitively say he's not a franchise QB, but I'm getting more and more to that point with each passing week. Like I said in the game thread, he seems to have all the tools EXCEPT the accuracy. Which is very, very unfortunate.

We can make as many excuses for the guy as we want (# of starts, injury, crappy OC, etc). But the bottom line is he's in his 3rd year in the league and not once has he shown the ability to put the team on his shoulders and lead them to victory. Great QBs can do that. Heck, even pretty good ones can do that from time to time.

I fear he's a game manager and nothing more.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

EJ Manuel > Locker

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Schaub had two INTs and some horrible passes. He was more inconsistent than Locker.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yes, I agree playcalling was the bigger issue today.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You wont find a bigger Jake Locker advocate than me, I believe in this guy 100% , but Im not dumb, I can see this offense isn't confident in the QB, which has made us predictable.

Chris Johnson & Co. average a mere 2.7YPC, and these RB's on this team have been running with a reckless abandonment, so to point to anyone besides the guy handing them the ball would be a mistake. Our RB's are selling out to get every inch, our passing team needs to step it up.

QB Jake Locker, WR Kenny Britt, and WR Kendal Wright make up the trio who's to look at and question. These three guys have made a number of mistakes and are suppose to be the guys we count on. The pass protection is also another culprit in why we're struggling at times on offense. I'd like to see all this change with more option plays, or other designed roll-out passes. Jake Locker has demonstrated time after time he's best when working in open space, why aren't the Titans coaches making this an emphasis on offense....?

To keep up the feel good feelings in Tennessee, offensive coordinator Loggains and head coach Munchak need to open things up, playing Fisherball gets you nowhere, let Locker show his worth. I believe he can be an asset to this team.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True. But he was on point when it mattered most and Jake was not.

I think Schaub is overrated, but there's no denying he's a better QB than Locker at this point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. A1rMcNa1r

A1rMcNa1r Special Teams Standout

Thanks for a rational post, and not calling for Locker's head. Yeah, Turner's penalties hurt, and the bad snap. Granted that snap hit Locker in the hands, but it wasn't the best.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You said the TDs to Wright and Walker were things of beauty and then call him inaccurate.

To me, he's horribly inconsistent. He rushes passes (though had no choice at times today). But he seems to be making the right reads and is taking care of the football. He has to improve but so do the Titans in every phase of the game (except for punting).

He's played on the road against two of the toughest defenses in the league. He's not had an INT yet and I think he'll do much better at home against lesser defenses.

• High Five High Five x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar