Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SacredTitan16, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

You guys dumping on Locker are just incredibly stupid. So VY gets basically five seasons of crappy play before he gets the hook; even so many fans were, and still are, pissed he was released.

Locker gets a grand total of 10 starts and you're ready to just give him one more year? I don't get this line of thinking a all.

Strike 1: Begins his career with Chris Palmer as his teacher and OC.
    Strike 2: Has a terrible offensive line.
    Strike 3: Has receivers that NEVER bail him out and constantly drop passes.
    Strike 4: Gets shoulder injury on a play that the idiotic replacement refs should have blown dead, play never should have happened. Re-injures it again, getting a fracture this time around.

Please guys, give Locker the same leeway you gave VY. In my eyes he gets next year and the year after, three years after he gets the starting gig is a fair amount of time to evaluate a QB.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Good point. We don't exactly fix glaring issues quickly. THIRD straight year now that our o-line has ranked 30th or worse. That is utterly beyond pathetic. I'll be happy next year if we can end up around 20th..Maybe by the time CJ retires we'll have a top 10 o-line.

3. terapinfly

terapinfly Baby, won't you carry me

O-line problems and Coaching! Period!

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Only reason VY was given so much slack was because the team around him was pretty good so we were able to win with him or at least be competitive. It's hard to give Locker 3-5 years when he hasn't shown much and looks like he's regressed and the team around him is one of the worst I've ever seen. Not entirely his fault but the situations were different.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

VY was given slack because the team around him was better? So what you're saying is we won despite VY, which I completely agree with? So, in other words, it's easier to gauge the performance of a QB when he has the correct pieces around him right? VY had all the pieces around him and was still terrible; Locker has next to no pieces around him and looks average, still throws the ball better than VY ever did in my opinion. If this is all true then don't we owe it to Locker to get the right players around him before he can be fairly evaluated?

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Yea that's all likely true but the perception is if he's not obviously progressing in the eyes of the fans and everyone else, his time will run out and they'll look for someone else. It took VY 4 years to look like an NFL quarterback. I don't think anyone in Tennessee is ready to go through that same thing again without seeing a player that looks like he can lead a team at least half the time. It's unfair to Locker obviously but I really don't see the same patience being given to Locker that we gave for VY for 35+ games. I think if Locker and the offense doesn't look improved next year and we only win 5-7 games there will be talks of drafting a QB or a free agent, even if it's not enough time to evaluate him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans had a lot more money into VY than they do Locker. The new rookie cap has made it possible for teams to cut their losses sooner.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

That may be true, fair or unfair, perception plays a big part for sure. Personally I believe Locker will get at least two more full seasons before anything is done, assuming he doesn't develop into a franchise QB. For the record, I still believe he will. But for god's sake we must give him the tools he needs to succeed. No more of this sitting on 16 million in cap space. Jake needs a franchise center and a new starting guard along with a true #1 receiver, not to mention a true OC.

9. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Jake and can make excuses!

Locker is inaccurate.

Strike one: He's been inaccurate since college.
    Strike Two: The biggest knock on him in the draft was that he's inaccurate.
    Strike Three: He can't hit receivers in stride cause he's inaccurate.
    Strike Four: He didn't show any improvement in his accuracy as the season progressed.
    Strike Five: His deep throws aren't accurate.

To conclude: Hes not an accurate passer and never will be = NOT OUR FRANCHISE QB. If you're happy with .500 and sub .500 seasons and love to see us get bounced in the first round when we get in then guys like Jake are your guys!

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

If his accuracy doesn't improve any noticeably difference at all next year should we really waste 2014 with him too? If he doesn't improve on something for 6 years is it just going to happen in when he's 26?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar