Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SacredTitan16, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Offensive line and receivers have been Jake's biggest problem this year. When you have 5 starting lineman on injuried reserve and can't get a running game started it's going to hurt a young QB.

Britt wasn't playing at the same level he was last year, Wright wasn't explosive or made "big impact plays" like he did in college (still young thought), and said it last year Nate Washington is a scrub. To many drop balls by a lot of the receivers.

Jake has his problems though over throws receivers, puts the ball to high and in the wrong place, trouble hitting his receivers in stride. I've watch a lot of other teams play and their receivers go balls to the wall and make those catches that aren't thrown in the right places ours can't. Jake throws a lot better on the move at this point he is not a pocket passer his legs are an asset and he needs to use them, I think the coaching staff is trying to make him strictly a pocket passer.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah I was going to make a comment about not one full stop used. But then I read the comment about a learning disability...even I have limits.

As for Jake, he needs some consistency around him. An OC (the offense got worse with Loggains), and the O-Line to protect as good as well did in the 2000s.

Also, we need to stop with those stupid designed run plays for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Loggains is not the answer and I'm not set on the idea of the possibility of Tom Moore taking over either.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Entire staff stays, Tom Moore new OC. Book it.

Ughh.......

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jake wilk turn out to be a fine QB, dont listen to some of these people on here, its that time of the month for half of them.

6. Danimal

Danimal Starter

I can't agree more. What a lot of people overlook is that Jake Locker is a class act. He won't throw his gear in the stands, get arrested, or throw temper tantrums. He will do his best to correct his short comings and I believe he will get better when the quality of the people around him is increased. He is the kind of player I want my kids to meet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The whole "great guy" stuff is why we are stuck with him.

He was throwing inaccurate passes back when he was doing homework before playing video games.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'll give him another year to win me over. My leash will be very short with him.

He just hasn't really shown me anything to warrant a #8 pick. Like I said yesterday, if he was 4 inches taller and was accurate, he would be a good QB.

Also, you don't have to explain to anyone about your learning disorder.

9. Tim

Tim Starter

I like Locker and they should give him another shot. nothing in this years draft anyways, so one more season of locker.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I just think the problems with our horrid O-Line and the shoulder injury really hurt Jake this year. He looks to panic in the pocket when his first read isn't open. considering the fact that he didn't do that last year when he played (the line was performing fairly well in terms of pass protection) I'm pretty sure he can overcome those issues by getting healthy and having the line do a better job in pass protection next year. Jake may be just fine. We'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar