Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by turnNburn, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nope, was talking about that Michael Griffin nut swinger from Kentucky, 520titan. He's the inbred jerkoff who posts fake quotes.

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

3. 520titan

520titan Special Teams Standout

i was gonnna end it with that but now you just made me angry...war...p.s. im from tucson..whos the inbred lerkoff micheal griffin nutswinger now

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're obsessed with me LOL

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I get the feeling that Jake is gonna win the starting job. After hearing Munchak and Hasselbeck's interviews from June 1st it sounds like they know Jake is gonna be the guy.

I give Hasselbeck a lot of credit because he does seem really classy about it all.

6. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

"1. Tennessee Titans

Incumbent: Matt Hasselbeck
    Challenger: Jake Locker

This is almost literally a dead heat so far. How close? Mike Munchak plans to split the reps between Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker exactly in half, with both quarterbacks spending time working alongside the first-team offense. In fact, the deciding factor could come down to something entirely out of the quarterbacks' control. If gimpy wideout Kenny Britt (multiple knee surgeries) and inconsistent tight end Jared Cook look good in camp, their ability to stretch the field vertically could call for the huge arm of Locker. On the other hand, if Britt isn't able to go and Cook works his way back into the doghouse, the Titans might build a more conservative offense around Chris Johnson and go with Hasselbeck. Locker's obviously going to get the job at some point during the 2012 season, but it might not be in Week 1."

Sorry if this has been posted before. Nothing we didnt already know but just saw it on ESPN and figured Id post it. It always catches me off gaurd a little bit when I find something on ESPN that is actually talking about us...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8041164/the-starting-qb-jobs-for-grabs-offseason-stories-matter

7. lee7786

lee7786 Practice Squad

I highly doubt the coaches are thinking about the situation this way. Or I at least hope they're not anyways.

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Not very well written. Any open competition will splt reps down the middle, doesn't really speak to how heated it is.

Also, if Locker loses the competition, then gets the job later, that means HB had to blow it, so yeah.... I don't see that as a certainty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar