Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by turnNburn, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I don't recal many awful throws. What about the perfect 40 yard bombs for TDs? It can go both ways. I'm sorry you feel the way you do after seeing him play. I guess you can get that impression when you're looking for him to do something wrong. The titans drafted Locker because the thought he was the best fit for our team. They passed on Dalton, Gabbert (thank God), and Ponder ect. Because they didn't think they were good fits for this team. I have no reason not to trust our teams decision to go with Locker. They knew way more than you or I could know about the available QBs. I'm sorry they didn't draft your guy, that must feel awful.

I loved what I saw in Locker last season. I saw a ton of potential and a QB that can take over a game. I think locker has what it takes to be a great QB in this league. If you don't see that I'm sorry. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. My money is on Locker. :yes:

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

You can say what you want, but he's just not effective. How many three and outs did you see last year? Since you watched every game.

I watched every game last year too. I didn't see enough out of Hasselbeck for him to win me over. How do you like his deep ball?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

More than I'd like, but still. He had little to no help last year. And what deep ball?

That's all he really lacks.

He makes the same subtle movements Brady, and Manning make to avoid big hits.

He's still capable.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

My main problem with Hass is how ineffective he is at moving the ball down the field. He had one of the lower YPA in the NFL and really struggled picking up 1st downs. That does not cut it when you have a 1st rounder right behind you. Mediocre play should not keep your future QB on the bench. I'm sure he could be a little better this year with a year in the system, but it would only be marginally better. I am not 'content' with starting a mediocre QB. Hass is past his prime, and his play will just decline for the most part. Heck even in his prime he was only a slightly above average QB. He just happened to play in one of the weakest divisions in the last decade, and had an All-Pro RB for a while.

5. JCBRAVE

I understand you guys criticisms of Hass, he had a bad month mid November til around Christmas time, but like stated several times before, dude was doing it all alone.

No Kenny Britt, no CJ2K, no run blocking, awful receivers for NFL receivers. Give the guy a 2nd chance, not that I want that, but feel fine if he gets that 2nd chance.

6. Thaddeus43

He can avoid big hits like Brady/Manning, but he is not like Brady/Manning. If Brady were on this team then nobody would have a problem with letting Locker sit on the bench.

Just because a QB is capable of playing doesn't mean he should be playing. KFC was 'capable', but he still sucked. I think some people need to go back and rewatch some of the games. The streaks of 3 and outs were ridiculous at times.

Hass and Locker had the same weapons, and Locker moved the team much better than Hass. And the opposing D was not in prevent everytime Locker came in either like some people seem to suggest. That is unless you think the Saints were in prevent D for the final 3 quarters of the game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Thaddeus43

The recievers were not as bad as you are making them out to be. They had a rough stretch when Britt 1st went down, but the Nov - Dec time frame they were playing much better ... And Nate played good all year long.

The Nov. - Dec. time frame is when you need to be playing your best football. That is when you either make or miss the playoffs. Hass missed them ... When the (hopefully) future franchise QB is on the bench, you don't get room for mistakes. Might not be fair, but this is the NFL, and that is how it is if you want to field a competitive team.

8. JCBRAVE

It's hard to talk with fans who feel Hass=Collins. Collins was pure trash. I'm getting mad remembering him playing in TN right now. I'll take a broken down Hasselbeck any day over Kerry Collins. Oh my lord how bad that man was his last 2 years.

Tryna make me go crazy? :cj:

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Hass didn't do enough to retain the job last season. Otherwise it would be clear cut and we wouldn't be in the qb competition.

Since he didn't blow the brakes off the thing, locker is getting extra reps and looks to see wether they think he can take over. Simple.

If hass came out last season and took it to the house. A legit SB run... You think we have this conversation right now?

Stop blaming the other players and making excuses.

10. JCBRAVE

Yes you're right about needing to be good November and after, but we're far from that time. Right now both QB's are sharing time with the first offense.

I'm just saying if Hass plays week-1 over Locker, don't be upset. Locker will play when he's ready. This will be his first year to have OTA's but also Hasselbecks first OTA's with this team.

I'll be happy either way, cause you know what, either way we have a damn good back-up who I believe can win us games.

While some teams have no QB's we have 2. And that works for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar