Jake Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by QGP, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That all depends on how aggressive we are about finding a veteran who can start and WIN.

I like Locker but Ponder can do what Locker can and will most likely be there in the 2nd. Guys like Mallett will be there, too. If our organization is dead set on finding a franchise QB and they take Locker 8th overall, I won't be mad. Although I will be disappointed that we reached for Locker, I'll accept that it's what is best for the team. I have a lot of faith in MR and the FO and believe that they will make the best decision.

That being said, I'd much rather have Ponder in the 2nd and Watt/Bowers in the 1st.

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I think Locker is the best QB in the draft. But I don't like him at 8, and he won't make it to the 2nd, much less past Arizona.

I say trade back for a 2nd or 3rd, and take him in mid-first. Anywhere before the Seahawks.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Then why does your status thing say Jake Locker at 8 I think so?

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd be pretty happy come draft night if Jake Locker ends up a Titan. That's been my choice since we found out we'd be picking 8th overall. Ideally tho, I'd like to see us find a trade partner to move back a few spots and still get him. 8th overall is too early IMO for Locker to come off the board, but if we can't gain picks by moving back a few spots, don't risk it, take him at 8. This is a QB league, get a QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Draft forum.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

Since there's so much else to talk about in the NFL forum these days. If you don't wanna read it don't click it, stop being anal.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He's the only QB I would be ok with taking at #8 I pretty much agree with you though overall.

8. 24

24 Starter

In the second round, sure. He has all the intangibles, but his career completion % is 55.4. That's abnormally low, even considering the poor talent around him. For once, I'd like an accurate QB.

Also, Pete will not take Locker, even though he's close friends with Sark. The new Seahawks OC, Darrell Bevell, is installing the full WCO. Last year they tinkered with it, and Locker is the worst fit for that team.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Vince Yawn is coming back suckas.

he would just punch Locker out if Locker tried to tell him how not to throw sideways.

10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Ponder is the guy the Seahawks will want at 25.

Vikings and Redskins are the ones after Locker.

I want Locker at the end of the draft, would prefer to trade down in any capacity and get him in the mid-late 1st round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar