Jake Locker

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by QGP, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Last night I watched the Washington vs Oregon State game, and in that game specifically, Locker looked like a pro. He had 5 TD's and a 60% completion percentage. I was impressed, not only with his stats, but with how he dealt with each situation. I was sold prior to really watching that game, but that sealed the deal. There was a play late in the 1st quarter where NOTHING was there, so he scrambled and made an amazing run until his own guy was in the way causing a fumble. They had only six 3rd down conversions, but that's because they took care of business a lot on 2nd down. Munchak is an offensive guy, he'll start his head coaching career off with drafting an offensive player. We need a QB, so Locker is my pick.

I'd also like to get my hands on the Nebraska game again. I saw most of that game, but wasn't watching Locker too closely.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure I agree with this. Assuming the CBA gets worked out by some miracle and players can be traded I'd swap picks with the Eagles taking Kolb in a heartbeat over Locker. What does Locker really have that is more impressive than Kolb outside of maybe unseen potential? There is also as good of a chance Locker ends up being a bust and the probablility of that happening is probably much higher than Locker being a future stud. Kolb has some NFL expererience and can step in and play the first game. Locker might not be ready for a year or two and even then he might not be any better than Kolb is now. The best thing that could happen for the Titans IMO is to be able to swap picks with the Eagles, still get a legit starting QB and still be able to draft a DT or other player of need in the 1st round. We would also still have out 2nd round pick. If we get into the 3rd and 4th rounds and a guy like Dalton happens to be available we can take him if we want a QB for development. IMO that scenario is a win win for the Titans.

The trade is perfectly feasible. The Titans pick is worth 1400 value points. The Eagles is 760. Basically the Eagles will be getting the equivalent of the 29th pick in the draft for Kolb. It makes sense for the Eagles if they want Quinn or Amakumara because those guys are well above other players available at #23 at thsoe positions. As for the Titans that is a good spot to take a DT or Pouncy if he is still there. We still get a very good player in the 1st round. It would be like using our #8 pick and getting Pouncey, Taylor, Wilkerson, Paea or Liuget and getting Kolb. We would be nuts not to do it.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Get locker. Worth the risk @8

4. 24

24 Starter

Let me just say this, because every year this happens. No one knows what the Titans are thinking, but ever since last week, we've been in the "misinformation" part of the draft. When did these reports start surfacing? Last week. That's why I pretty much finalized my top 32 last week, that way I don't get swayed by what may be false press.

That being said, I watched the Locker pro day, and I mentioned it then, but the first people to go talk with Locker were the Titans. This is what I said then.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The Titans kind of remind me of the Falcons a few years ago. They had to take a new QB so everyone knew Vick was done and to have a new face of the franchise. Hopefully we get the same result if Locker is chosen.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We might see those same results by taking Locker. He's mature, takes his job seriously, and has tons of potential. A big reason Matt Ryan caught on so nicely was because he spent 5 years playing football in a school better known for their academics. He wasn't ever a me me me kind of player. He let things come to him week by week. Never putting it all on him, allowing teammates and coaches to do their jobs too. Now however, he takes game over.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Locker kind of reminds me of Ryan attitude wise now that you bring it up.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Locker is definitely a right-handed Mark Brunell.

9. 24

24 Starter

He's like Favre, no question. Below 60%, strong arm, country attitude, tough as hell.

10. 24

24 Starter

Possible smokescreen, but if we draft Locker, don't expect 60+ completion % every year. Like I've said before, I think his stats will be comparable to Kerry's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar