Jake Locker= Titans version of Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MDTitansFan, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

The Colts everything was mediocre and somehow Luck made it better. Why can't Locker at least do it sometimes?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If I could H5 this twice, I would.

Question: Has Locker improved this team??

If so, How?

IMO.. he has not improved this team in any tangible way. We are no better off than we were with VY. That's truly pathetic. That's not an endorsement for VY, that's shameful for everyone affiliated with this organization.

It's not that I dislike Locker personally. I have just seen enough mediocre QBs here for a lifetime. Not going to defend someone who hasn't earned it. He hasn't done anything.

I WAS WRONG. I was all for starting Hasselbeck. I was wrong. We should have let Locker take his lumps. We could have either flushed him out, or had him solidified by now. 2011 was a complete waste. Nobody gained anything from it.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

1st off, Luck was replacing a 3rd string QB that was starting for the Colts all year long that lead them to a 2-14 year. Just like how Peyton made the Colts look better than they were, Painter made them look worse than they really were. ANYONE else at QB would've been an upgrade.

2nd of all, the also replaced probably the dumbest HC in the history of time (Yes, even dumber than Munch)

When you have a retarded HC and a 3rd string QB leading your team you will look really really bad.

Luck has not turned this team around. They just replaced some terrible people with competent people, making the 'competent' people look like geniuses

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

But Locker replaced a checkdown bum who doesn't throw more than 8 yards 95% of the time, shouldn't be too hard to upgrade from that. All I ever see him doing is staring at one receiver the entire time. He's not comfortable as an NFL qb and until he is he's going to be pretty bad for us.

Munchak is probably just as bad as the Colts coach. Munchak literally does nothing. I don't think he has any say on either side of the ball and never seems like he knows what he's doing. We just have a dumb front office apparently.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yes, it's still too early to give up on Jake. And I've been big on defending him. But even I have to admit, with each passing week it's getting harder to defend him. In the past 4 weeks he has 3 TDs to 9 turnovers. And in that same time we have 3 losses and 1 win. Jake Locker better be buying Whiffin and McCourty nice steak dinners tonight. Clearly, without the 4 picks we lose that game. And the conversation today would be 10x worse regarding Locker.

But more than mere stats or wins/losses, the more troubling thing to me is that I haven't seen nearly enough consistency from Jake. And he honestly doesn't seem to be improving/developing. At least not in any kind of noticeable way.

Again, I'm not saying to give up on him or that he won't eventually be "the guy". But when you look around the league and see what a lot of the other 1st and 2nd year QBs are doing, it is a bit depressing to say the least. And at some point we have to start having the conversation about whether or not Jake is "the guy" or we just really, really want him to be.

I know we feel we deserve a true franchise QB after the VY debacle (we do). And the possibility that we whiffed yet again is an idea most of us don't even want to entertain. But as much as I'd hate to have whiffed twice in a row, I'd hate even more to yet again handcuff the fate of this team to a dud QB.

I think we'll know once and for all what we have with Jake by midway through the 2013 season. If it hasn't clicked for him by then, it's likely not going to IMO.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Mediocre? Try god awful.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. amy

amy Starter

Thank you.

8. amy

amy Starter

I don't know if he can take us to the promised land or not, but I also don't think that 9 games with a sorry Oline and sorry receivers-for the most part- helps him advance. Geez Louise, we had another 50 yards in holding penalties last night, on both sides of the ball. You're only as good as the rest of the team. That's why it's called a TEAM. If you want to compare him to Luck, then you also have to compare Olines, receivers, and coaches. He doesn't operate in a vaccum.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Caldwell cost PM a playoff game with his terrible coaching ... he was so bad that the great PM could not overcome him. Munch has been bad at times, but no where near the disaster that Caldwell was.

And as much as I hated 'Checkdown Hass' he is still 1000 times better than Curtis Painter

10. amy

amy Starter

What's with the ignorant "I'll cut you" crap? wise up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar