Jake Locker time has come.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cutter10, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm still waiting for Malcolm Sheppard to regenerate this defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

ZZZZZIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGG! Beat me to it.

3. Mariani&Cheese

Mariani&Cheese Practice Squad

I don't really agree with this, the bengals are using Dalton but he also does have AJ Green. Plus the bengals have one of the best defenses in the league. Throwing Locker in right now doesn't benefit the team at all, especially now with Nate Washington and Levelle Hawkins out. The only time I see it appropriate to put locker into the game is in the last two games if there is no chance for us to make the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not going to shoot this idea down just yet. But what does Locker offer our offense that Hasselbeck doesn't?

Locker is mobile. +1

Locker has a stronger arm. +2

Locker.... well I believe that's all the young gun offers at this time.

Will those two attributes make a difference? Maybe. We do know Chris Johnson is harder to contain when the defense has to account for the QB. But with a crappy run blocking line, why go that direction when we are winning games?

Locker's day will come, and when it does, we've either lost enough games that Lockers wins won't matter or Hasselbeck has gone down with a major injury.

Personally as much as I like Jake Locker, I don NOT want to see him play any in 2011.

5. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

i guess most people are still hopeful for this year, but i've kind of moved on. at some point i want to see locker. people talk about our line but in terms of pass blocking they've kept hasselbeck pretty clean, and the times he couldnt scramble yesterday Locker would have gotten away easily.

the future of this team is locker, and i think it'd be good to see how he works with some of the young receivers to see if there is any kind of connection before we head into the off-season.

at some point, i'm ready for progress. 8-8 or worse with a qb in the twilight of his career is not that.

and i'm not trashing hasselbeck, he's done better than expected, but this team is not very good.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't think anybody is saying Hass is the reason for the teams failures. Quite honestly Hass has been a real surprise and is playing better than I had anticipated. The point is if Locker is ready he might as well play and get some experience. If the season is in the can why not?

But in reality the season isn't in the can....yet. But we could easily lose some more games as the schedule isn't easy. I think with Hass playing QB we can be competitive against teams like the Falcons but we could still lose like we did against the Bengals. The team is just a average and will have a hard time each Sunday getting anything easy. Teams like the Falcons are also in must win situations.

Now say the team tanks and loses 4 out of the next 5 games. Then what difference does it make if Hass is the Qb or not? I say if we win the next game we are still have a chance so keep Hass in there. If we lose maybe it is time for a change.

But again, only the coaches know if Locker is really ready. If he isn't sharp in practice there is no reason to play him. not because he might get ruined but more so because it isn't appropriate. But yea, Hass isn't the main reason the team is losing. He might be the only reason they have a chance.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

You don't put in a rookie QB when he has no weapons around him to help him win. Carolina has Steve Smith to help out Cam, Dalton, as we saw yesterday has AJ Green. We would be setting Jake up to fail if we threw him out there right now. There is no need to rush. Why is it that the backup QB is always the most popular person on a team?

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Start of the year everyone had the bengals going 2-14. We wont go 8-8 without making some changes across the board and going with locker makes since. He is the future, he is more mobile, has a stronger arm, I think we would run the ball better, and the guy needs the experience. He is a mucher better athlete than dalton and we do not have many weapons but outside of Green the bengals do not either.

I predict we stay the course and go 6-10, but we could have a 6 game losing streak once again this year!

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Munch & Co think Locker knows the offense well enough and has the maturity, I could see him getting to start in the last few games. The key is that he gain experience, confidence, etc. He shouldn't be put in a position where he's going to miserably fail.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

"Jake Locker time has come."

His time to be ruined and his confidence shot because of this O-line and defense, as well as a HORRIBLE offensive coordinator?

....because that is what will happen.

Matt H is NOT the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar