Jake Locker is the leader we needed.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm with ya. I really like the Locker pick. I'm a big fan of QB's with mobility. I like his attitude. I like his toughness.

But all of that means nothing. Gotta prove it on the field.

P.S. I think Jake's gonna be a hell of a QB for us.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Good thread (for once), Jesse.

My mom was asking me about my favorite Titan the other day... I didn't have an answer for it because we haven't had a leader since guys like Bulluck, Mawae, Eddie, Steve, etc left.

I hope Locker can soon become my favorite Titan and be the true leader we've been missing since the early 2000's.

3. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

At one point people were praising for joy when VY was a rookie and had so many words of confidence. First Year Pacman people had so many great things to say.

Not that Jake Locker will be a bust but I'm not going to judge a guy til I see him perform in the NFL. Not what he says or does in training camp. If this early in the season was a good way to judge. Tyron Calico would be the next TO in talent and on his way to the HOF.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Agreed. High character guys are great. But character alone doesn't win football games.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wholeheartedly doubt anyone on the face of this planet praised VY or Pacman for their character. That's the point. That's what we've been missing.

6. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

It's easy to bash VY now and never saw any positive but I remember on the old Titans forums(now shut down) when he spoke so confident on titans making the playoffs pre-season the fans and me included were so happy having a guy who seemed so determined(his rookie season). Obviously he fell apart and the rage of fans overcame everything else and took the glasses off.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Hard work beats talent."-Cortland Finnegan

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Nice quote. Not always true though. You need both.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hopefully this wasnt just for show. Anyone can pretend to be a hard worker by showing up early. Especially when they know people will notice.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Mike Vick or Rusty Smith Bigtitan?

Checkmate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar