Jake Locker is our Manning/Roethlisberger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I had my doubts about Locker and still have some but if he plays well i'm not going to nit pick and find ways to bash him.

It's like a boxer who is 10-0 but hasn't fought anybody yet or gotten hit hard yet. Time will tell if he has the chin, stamina and mental toughness to win big fights.

Same for Locker, we will not know his value as a pick until 4 years from now maybe even longer. Can he stay healthy? Can he be consistent week after week and can he play well against the best defenses in pressure situations like the playoffs.

Comparing him to hall of famers is obviously dumb but what he did in his first test was positive. So why be negative?

As titan fans we all want him to be an all time great. Duece is not a titan fan. Duece was most pissed after we beat the Giants last year. If a 29-10 win pisses you off then you are not a real fan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titanfantilidie

titanfantilidie Starter

Those guys were not Hall of Famers when they first entered the league. That said, my positive take is from years of following the Titans usual "Patch Work" qb job since McNair left and Young never materialized. My optimistic take is more wishful thinking but I'll stick with it.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Here are more facts...

The bolded names (Rodgers, McNair) did not start until year 4. Two of your 4 examples here (I am not counting Carr, although I would also cite Tim Couch as a similar example) did not start in year 1.

We drafted Locker to be our franchise QB. The last time we did this (VY) I think that we contributed to his demise (note I am not saying "caused", but "contributed") by forcing him out on the field before he was ready. I really do not want to see this happen again.

Hassleback has some gas left in the tank, and he seems to be the type of person (like a Dave Krieg or Chris Chandler was for McNair) willing to mentor Locker. Lets be just a little patient here and let this happen...I really think that Locker will greatly benefit himself and the team in the long run by not being rushed onto the stage.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

That's exactly how I feel! There's a time to be negative and there's a time to be positive about your team, but if you're constantly being negative and saying you're just being "level headed" and not a "Justin Bieber" kind of fan, then why would other fans want to be around your constant negativity, let alone take you seriously? Deuce, I have no idea why you appear to pride yourself in being a troll (I have a feeling you're just really stubborn about your views) but it's really dumb and narrow-minded. Be a good Titans fan, criticizing them when it's really necessary, and be behind the players!! There's no use in being skeptical all of the time.

If what bama is saying about you is true, then I really can't take you seriously and I do not know why anyone else here should. I don't know why you waste your time on these forums trying to convince people to side with your skepticism and to want people to root for Locker's demise. You're just wasting your time...give me some optimism...just try it...it's not that hard if you're a real fan like you CLAIM to be...

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I was gonna say do you even know Deuce then I checked out your info and it's apparent you don't so this should be fun...:pop:

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcnair started in his third nfl season and played quite a bit in the first 2.

Locker has a 4 year contract he better be starting in 2012.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Here's a question for you:

Do you think our coaching staff sees our players like you do, or more like I do?

... if they saw them as you do, we'd suck for forever more. So I hope that isn't the case. This hand-holding of every player that wears 2tone blue makes me sick. These guys are adults. They can handle honest criticism. Stop with the obsessions.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Those saying we shouldn't let Jake play now because of what happen with Vince, must have no idea of who Jake Locker really is. I believe Jake is the best rookie QB this team has ever had, and I can't wait for the day our coaches have enough confidence in him to let him loose on the league. Hasselbeck should start day-1 when we take on the Jaguars because of what he knows, but I also hope we can put together some special packages so Jake can get his feet wet early on. I'm cool with him sitting and learning for a while, but he's simply just too gifted to tote a clipboard.

9. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

You completely missed the point...but it's ok...I'm starting to think you're just one of those people that does this for fun and likes to annoy other people with your ignorance...and yeah the players could handle "honest" criticism...which would not come from you of course

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

He's an admitted troll. He's admitted that he doesn't really believe everythong he types.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar