Jake Locker is our Manning/Roethlisberger

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

That is right. Should we say Manning and Big Ben were successful DISPITE high expectations? No, they made it because they put hard work in along with their great talent. Locker has all the tools to be a great QB. If he works hard and keeps his head straight I believe he will deliver playoff wins for the franchise.

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Locker taking that sack is showing he's a bit more of a Manning than a Roethlisberger. He didn't run away and try to make the play into something it wasn't, he took the smart route and lived to play another down.

3. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Or he just didn't see it coming.

4. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

I see Jake Locker as Kerry Collins 2.0. And I am not talking about just the tennessee titans Kerry, I'm talking about him having a career similar to kerry collins career overall. And if that happens, I'd be ecstatic frankly.

There is no way in the world Jake is Peyton. That is laughable.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

God no.

6. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

You're delusional if you think a) that locker can be peyton manning or b) you don't respect what kerry collins did in his career.

Most QBs would kill to have a career like Collins had.

Leave the peyton manning comparisions to the sam bradfords of the world. Locker has no chance to attain that level.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't particularly care for the Manning comparison but Kerry Collins achieved very little. His highest QB rating in his career was 85 and got over the 80 rating 4 times in 17 years and almost had a 1:1 TD:INT ratio.

No thanks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

You say 'no thanks' as if you have a choice. It's about who you think he'll be, not who you WANT him to be.

Besides, you should read this article and get a clue about Kerry.
    http://www.ultimatenyg.com/2011-articles/july/in-praise-of-kerry-collins.html

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If he is similar to Collins then he will be classed as a bust.

I don't really care what Collins is like as a person, he was an average football player.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Don't compare him to a Collins lets compare him more along the lines to maybe Steve Young.Lets envision good play and multiple super bowls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar