Jake Locker considered our biggest bust

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Wasn't there a season we started out pretty good and Locker began with a 10:0 TD:INT ratio before he got hurt against the Jets? Shame, that may have been his breaking point.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Threw my phone against the wall when we made that pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Kenny Britt was bad.

Young was bad.
    Locker was bad. I think injury bust gets a pass over performance bust.
    Woolfolk was terrible.
    Chance Warmack was terrible.

Locker isn't our BIGGEST bust. I think Young, Britt, Woolfolk and Warmack are all bigger busts.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

I was pissed when I heard Young's name get picked. I knew that was a bad pick.

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

To me BUST means the player was just flat out terrible, with no chance to succeed regardless of circumstance or situation. I don't think you can count Pacman or Britt as "busts" since they actually had talent and ability... Yes, they didn't work out for us, but they were just terrible as Titans, mostly due to circumstance. That's different than being a bust. Not to go down the dark path here, but an argument could also be made that VY was a product of a crappy situation. Who knows what happens if another team drafted him.

That leaves Woolfolk to me as the biggest Titan bust. Warmack has the potential to take it form him, if he doesn't turn his career around.

That said tho, the name that I most hated to see on our roster year after year was Paul Williams. Even just typing that now pisses me off. Didn't get that draft pick at all. WTF?!

7. HurrayTitans!

I gotta disagree here.
    A player's performance after leaving the Titans should not change their Bust status. If Warmack becomes a perennial Pro-bowler in Phi, (not gonna happen) I don't think that changes the fact we spent a 1st round pick on a guy benched by his third year for guys that were drafted much later.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Young54

Young54 Starter

Like I said in my first paragraph, being a bust to me means you're an NFL bust, not just suck for team that drafted you. Jamarcus Russell was a bust no matter where you put him or what color he wears. Little ability mixed with zero motivation. No one should of drafted him in first 3 rounds.

So far there's not doubt Warmack has been a Titan's bust. Yes. But our biggest bust ever? An NFL bust like Russell? I don't know yet. It's possible, but he could redeem himself. He could end up being a first round talent for someone else. (although I doubt it)

That's how I view it anyway

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Everybody and their mama knew the Titans were going to draft a QB. I was just elated it wasn't Blaine Gabbert

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

He's definite consideration for our biggest bust. Russell set the bar so high as far as bust status, Warmack is safe from that title.

I do think a player can add to his bust status after leaving their first team but continuing to not succeed elsewhere but I don't think succeeding elsewhere removes the bust status from the original team.

Ryan Leaf is an excellent example. After he left SD, he continued to play subpar football in Dallas. Just ensure his name as biggest NFL bust ever, he also went and got busted for drugs and running from authorities in Canada.
    Russell at least has disappeared since his NFL "career".

I will say that most of today's rookies are safe from the all-time title because of the rookie pay scale too. The amount of money wasted on Russell is just incredible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar