Jags @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

What was up with C Henry on kickoffs? He looked horrible ... like really bad. And also in the run game .... if he bounces to the outside on a couple of his carries he would pick up an easy 5-10.

CHRIS HENRY YOU HAVE SPEED ............................. USE IT.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Amen. That is what bothered me as much as anything. The team as a whole...all phases...played like crap. It just looked like the team was beaten up on both sides of the ball and I have to give the Jags some credit for being the only team on the field playing with confidence and swagger from snap #1.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Jeff...I actually thought about this. I wondered what would happen if the Titans just came out of the gate in the spread offense and let Young just make plays. If Lendale is going to be hampered by the knee and Christy is not running well then spread the thing out. However, yesterday they only had 3 WRs to put on the field apparently as Moulds, Jones and Roydell were the only ones that seemed to line up. Wonder if they got tired and affected their play? They need to keep Chris Davis out there to play slot....he is fast.

I know the run sets up the pass...but what if they just come out and start throwing it around and then let that setup the run? I am for anything right now.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe I'm dreaming but didn't we do just that in the first game against the Jags? I thought we ran misdirection plays from the shotgun throughout the game.

5. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

its funny when the big cahuna speaks up and provides great information about the game...vince young haters crawl back to their dungeons.:duckrun:

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Hmmm the jags knew they were burned in game one by concentrating too much on vince young running. Maybe in this game they weren't concerned enough about it.

Isn't that shotgun offense similar to what florida has been doing with tim tebow? If it worked so well before why didn't we run it again only this time plan on young running it more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNsJU2brfY0

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

TJ- I think Chow and Fish are "forcing" VY to read progressions rather than make the play with his legs. I think this is year 2 of his development. I wouldn't be surprised to the next off-season be for mechanics.

I think they are doing this to maximize VY's potential as a multi-dimensional QB, aka unstoppable. It does sucks to watch him struggle with it- because we all know he could make the plays with his legs or even with a designed pass out of the pocket.

I honestly believe we will see a different style in VY during the next few weeks as short term needs (wins) and playoff urgency emerges.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't want Young in a spread offense working from the shotgun so that he can run that much more. It's because he appears to go through his progressions (he will still have them) from that formation much better.

As for his mechanics, I bet he's been taught what they want already. I don't see anything dramatic (like his arm motion) or anything else except them hoping he does a better job with his football, turning his shoulders, etc.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't know- his footwork is shaky far too often. I agree they won't tinker with his release.

10. Ya Think??

Do you really think Vince played fine?? You've got to be kidding me! The Jags back up did better than VY! I heard talk that now the Jags are starting to call our stadium they're home field. Can you blame them? They ran all over us. We had no answer to them. Big Al might have helped a bit with the runs up the gut but there were a lot of runs outside that killed us too! Back to Vince. I really don't think he should've been rookie of the year last year. He appears to be a mediocre QB at best. Look at the second year guy with the Jags, Jones-Drew, Now he's the real deal. I was looking at his numbers from last year and his numbers were better than Reggie Bush's! I don't want McNair back as some people are suggesting. He's done! But we do need to start looking at some realities with this VY situatuation and it doesn't look good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar