Game Day Thread Jags @ Titans GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Cheers.. I remember that 2009 game. Figured we were coming close to a franchise record today, but to see 8 back in 62, I guess I was wrong lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Titans need to get our missing offensive players back and we can hold our own against the better defenses. You really feel it when Henry and Brown aren’t on the field.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Our OL is completely ****ting the bed. Even with those guys back we are in for a rough stretch.

4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Even with those guys back, there is no time to develop any type of chemistry or timing.

5. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

Nothing will go well for our offense no matter who we have back if the o-line doesn’t get their crap together. Mark my words if we don’t fix it soon, it will come back to kill us come playoff time.

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Way back then, coaches allowed the QBs to keep slinging. High INT numbers were normal too. No one will ever break Blanda’s record of 42 n a season.

Testaverde is the closest I recall in 87’ with 35.

7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I get it, as crappy as the O was playing most of the game it was a safe bet for sure, but execution is what I was reacting to. The O line was getting zero push most of the game, save for a few series, there were a lot of runs for no yards especially in several of the last Titan possessions. Running the clock out means actually gaining yards, getting first drives, continuing drives, not 3 and outs.

8. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I was reading the box score on CBS sports, saw Jags only had 8 carries. I thought that cant be right, went to ESPN box score, sure enough, Jags had 8 carries the entire game.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I agree the run game went downhill in the second half. Maybe it was the move to Hill from Freeman, maybe something else, even good adjustments from Jax but on the last drive, they just needed to run even if they didn’t get any yards. Just no time left for Jax to do anything. The value of 40 seconds off the clock was higher than any attempt at passing for the first.

10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Agree, my frustration was what the offense did with the 4 turnovers/picks after running all over the Patriots. Against good teams you HAVE to capitalize on turnovers. Otherwise they’re not as advantageous.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar