Jags resign Bortles 3yrs, 54m

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chronos, Feb 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

You can't possibly believe that right?

Up until this year, Bortles and the Jags constantly played from behind. Of course Bortles is going to have more yards when he was to throw 30-40 times because they are down by 20+ points.

DVOA has Marcus 23rd rated passed in 2015 and the 9th rated passer in 2016. Assuming the 2017 stats are correct, Marcus finished 20th this year, a year in which he was coming back from a major injury and then got injured again early in the year that clearly affected his performance most of the year.

Bortles on the other hand has been no higher than 27th before this year and even this year, in his best year, he was only 13th. And this was year 4 for him.

Now this isn't to say that Marcus has been some sort of elite QB, but he's clearly been better than Bortles over their careers. And it's really not that close.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I may mention Mariota's fumbling issues as a knock on him, but I've never used it when discussing him as a QB (in comparison to another.)... I talk passing. What QBs are supposed to be good at. What Mariota kind of isn't...

You're making things up again, Gut.

Do you know of any other QB's rushing TDs? Tom Bradys? Aaron Rodgers? Goff?

No? I wonder why? Maybe because no one gives a fugg when we're talking quarter backs...

Learn to throw the ball or convert to RB. No one gave a shat when VY could run but couldn't throw either. Same with Locker. Same with literally any other QB in the NFL.

Your job is to pass the ball. If you suck at that- you suck at that. No "but but but he kind of runs the ball too!" bullsh**.

Nope.

Nope.

Do this more.

I assume with these lame coddling excuses you're also going to look at the countless times that Mariota threw it directly to a defender and they dropped it? The times the WR made plays on a bad throw? Etc?

No?

Of course not. This is who you are. A fanboy.

All QBs have balls bounce off WRs. All QBs have WRs that drop.

Not all QBs had 15 interceptions though.

Stop.

Making.

Excuses.

For.

Trash.

Play.

Nope.

This again. Yeaaaahhhh! It's the WRs fault the guy threw 15 interceptions. Definitely. Solid.

Man. I bet the other 2 int machine QBs that finished with MM also had bad WRs! That's it! The receivers!!

(I remember when you people made these same ridiculous excuses for McNair... and then a backup QB in Volek came in and proved you to be the homers you are)

Let us know when you're ready to acknowledge them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

"BUT THE COACHING STAFF!!!!!"

lmmfao

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I'm not going to,pretend his 15 INT weren't a big deal. He had a down year in that department. The fact his comp% stayed where it was makes me think defenders either caught more this year or dropped more last year or a combo of both. His accuracy via completion% slightly improved.

But the real reason for my post is this disregard of the running game. I agree if a QB sucks at passing and can only run (Mike Vick, VY, many others) that's a problem.
    Consider Randall Cunningham, Steve young, fran tarkenton, john elway, Donovan mcnabb, Steve McNair, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, rich gannon, Roger staubach, terry bradshaw. All top 25 rushing yards for QB. Being able to run is pretty important, there are exceptions, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning. When comparing QB, rushing needs to be taken into account. Being able to continue their career long enough to reach those numbers has to do with their ability to pass well.

Accuracy so far has been alright for Mariota. This year, right time, right place and defenders came away with the ball 6 more times than last year.
    He has to continue improving on when to run, when to throw the ball away and work on lleading WR to get YAC. I'll say the last one is not common ability around the NFL.

Bottom line, still a pretty good QB. 15 picks is not reason to throw in the towel yet. Too many, but not outrageous. 13 TD is actually my bigger concern and hopefully a new offense helps that. Referring to the ranking thread, he's got room to move up, he just isnt at the bottom.

5. Deuce Wayne

Oh I'm not throwing in the towel.

All last year I kept thinking at any moment he'd return to '16 form.

Hoping that happens this year. But if not- time to move on.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

On a non Mariota note..... Bortles was at the Sacramento Kings game tonight. They showed him on the Jumbotron and had him throw some shirts to the crowd.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

So the towelboy had some extra kit cause we all know BB not getting anything past the first row

• LOL LOL x 2
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Top 10 in 2016 is what you think of as kind of isn't good. LOL!!! So you mention his fumbles as a negative...but not when comparing him to other players? So just to bash him? Got it!!!

Since rushing touch downs and fumbles count, you mentioning them when he fumbles a lot to be a negative but ignore his rushing TD's is the very definition of bias!!! Making stuff up? I'm the one stating facts, not cherry picking stuff just to bash a player!!!

I do...but clearly you don't because you only decide on qb's throwing. Funny, the NFL counts those stats and rushing td's count just like all TD's. You might want to pay attention!

I said yes...but it's always funny when you make up what you think I'll say and argue with yourself. Talk about making stuff up!!! ROFL!!!

Plenty of NFL qb's would disagree with you! But you don't care...you're just a fan cherrypicking stats to bash the qb of his 'favorite' team!

Good thing Mariota doesn't suck. How much more stuff do you want to make up to show your hatred???

And then you asked me if we (the board) has discussed this before and you said no? You're wrong on 2 counts. First, I've discussed this plenty of times over the years going as far back as McNair and up to and including Mariota. Secondly, you admitted in your response bringing up his fumbling!

Are facts excuses? Or are they merely...FACTS!!! And since they are just facts...how could they be coddling? You have a very active imagination! But it's funny you claim I'm making stuff up when I'm pointing out numerous things you either makeup or stats you ignore for hate purposes.

ROFL!!! It would be convenient for you if I were a fan boy who celebrated everything Mariota did and was basically you in reverse and make excuses for him for everything. Unfortunately for you, I just look at the play. The people who do their jobs or go beyond their job get the praise. The people who don't...get the blame. As I've pointed out Mariota's flaws and plays that are all on him, kind of hard to claim I'm some sort of fan boy. The fact that you cherry pick stats just to bash him shows your true colors!

So you wouldn't blame your own qb for wr's mistakes but you blame Mariota for his wr's mistakes. The word hypocrite comes to mind...but I think you're just a hater. Bend the truth, ignore stats, cherrypick...anything to bash Mariota. Funny stuff!

So I'm a 'you people?' LOL!!! So you hated McNair...who won an MVP and took us to the SB but you loved Volek who must have been better than McNair because he...oh wait...he wasn't.

I have been...since before he was drafted. But I deal in reality and not what you make up to bash him. You might try taking off the hate glasses for a while and see what the world looks like.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Why was he at a Kings game? Second why did he even get the attention there? Is he from Sacramento or something?

10. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

That’s what I was trying to figure out. He was there with 3 other QBs. I’m bad with names. I guess something to do with being out on the west coast to work with Tom House.

But he’s SoCal, so not sure why they were up here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar