Jadeveon Clowney now a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chronos, Sep 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I love it when that happens

2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Clowney is a whole different level of name and talent than anyone that has signed here before.

The organization has never even had a #1 overall pick on the roster since it moved to Tennessee, and the last time I can figure out the org has had one was when they drafted Earl Campbell.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Having a #1 pick on the roster is meaningless (normally you have to really suck to have any). Potentially having Clowney, Beasley and Landry on the field in sure passing situations is insane and then add Simmons to the mix to take up blocks inside. We basically had two guys in Beasley and Landry who had 9 sacks last year and added a disruptive force that helps make them and Simmons even better.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

By this logic, Yancey Thigpen would be the greatest FA signing in Titans history.

5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

That was directed at the dimwit. Not your post.

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

You saying he wasn’t? Lol
    That Randy Moss guy was pretty good before Tennessee too.

What’s crazy about a thigpen signing (or the other dozen or so big name WR) is at the time, no one knew that WR were destined to die in Tennessee and that money should never be spent on them.
    A few years later we look at the “gem” WR signings of Justin Gage and Nate Washington as the “biggest WR FA signings”.

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

12 gauge broke his back here... respected his play! Get what ya saying tho

8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Undrafted Bennett a player I always had respect for

9. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

I’m glad we have a GM and scouts that know how to draft and manage the cap now.

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well the dimwit didn’t get the negative rating...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar