Jacoby Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Jacoby Jones would have been awesome. I wanted him in the draft also. Looks like he's going to start opposite Johnson.

My opinion: we took Paul Williams because we couldn't get Jacoby Jones, or Mike Walker.

The way I was hoping it would fall before draft time was we would take a CB in round one, then in two we'd take Jacoby Jones (because I knew teams were getting high on him, and someone might take him before us in three) then go after Chris Henry in round three. We tried to play it in reverse. I still wonder if Henry would have lasted until our pick in round three.

Jacoby Jones talks like a young Chad Johnson. The guy is very likeable. Plus, he, too, has a return for a TD, but I believe he's faster than Davis. Jones and Davis would have been stellar. Now I have to hope Biren Ealy somehow makes the team.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree completely. We had a greater need at WR AND there were some quality RBs who were going to be there in the 3rd to 4th rounds. Instead of letting other teams get the pick of WRs ahead of us in the 3rd round we should have tried to trade up so we would be picking the best of the group. I know it is sometimes hard to predict how the draft will go and for all we know they could have Mike Walkers name ready before the Jags snatched him ahead of us. Hard to say they could predict that.

The best case scenario, if possible would have been to trade down in the 2nd and to trade up in the 3rd. They don't reach as much for Henry who possibly lasts later into the 2nd and they have an earlier 3rd to pick from the best WRs left. Turns out we may have blown the 2nd and 3rd round picks. I hope not but that is how it looks so far. At least we apparently made a nice choices in the 4th round or this draft could have been pretty bad.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, we had a big need at receiver, and it's looking like we'll only get immediate production from Davis... it's so hard to judge young receivers, though. I mean Calvin Johnson only has 4 receptions for 34 yards this preseason - Scaife, Lendale, Brown, Gage, Jones, Roby, Williams and Moulds all have more. So if we're disappointed in Paul Williams already, man am I glad we didn't draft CJ. It would be nice to see flashes, though - and Davis is really the only one who has impressed so far. It's looking like he and Griffin will be the only 2 rookies to make a real impact this year...

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Agreed, Sox. Except the Griffin pick has been a good one.

The trade down in two / trade up in three I was all for, and posted as much. Problem was, aside from the Titans seeing it our way (well, maybe they tried to trade and couldn't), people thought I was crazy for wanting Jacoby Jones that high. These cats thought he'd last until day two. Kept telling 'em...

I found out he has two TD returns in preseason and a catch for a TD. This is one we should have kept in-state. It burns me the Texans made such a good pick, and we'll have to see him twice a year. But we still have Young.

Now, I like Chris Henry and all, and he'll do fine eventually, but the way it looks like we'll be fine at RB, we could have really used Jacoby Jones on this squad.

I'm still going to call the draft a success for Michael Griffin alone, however, and now, apparently Davis. Henry is about what I expected: lots of potential flavor, but needs to marinate longer.

Wait til you hear Jacoby Jones interviewed for the first time, by the way. Perfect WR attitude. Woulda been great with VY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar