Jacoby Jones to visit Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Heard an interview with him on Sirius this week and he said he was coming to Nashville for a private workout on April 10 or so. He's a funny dude, kind of a character in a good way. Reminds me of Chad Johnson in that regard a little bit.

This is what NFLdraftscout.com has to say about him:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=66988

Upon further review, it looks like the Titans might be looking past Jarrett to more of a type with a little more physicality to the their game if they decide not to go WR early. He's projected to go in round five, but may work himself up into round four or three, especially considering how at a glance WR talent seems like it's going to thin out measurably after the second round.

Actually, let me break down this diagnosis of how I think the conversation went inside BSP (and pardon my use of the alphabet):

Chow: "What are we going to do this year for a wide receiver now that Drew and Bobby are gone? Dwayne Jarrett?"

Fisher: "F an em-effin' stringbean! F Tyrone Calico AND a Drew Bennett! We gave him his first big contract, and then offered another. Didn't we, Mike?

Reinfeldt: "Fn right we did. Good contract, too."

Fisher: "But oh no. Drew wants to get paid. Drew wants to get paid? He want paid? Thenhegogetpaid! F em. Don't need him. We found him. I found him. I can do it again."

Chow: "Uh. I can vouch for Dwayne. He's a good kid. Best hands I've ever seen."

Reinfeldt: "Now hold on just a minute, Norm. Didn't you push for the White kid last year?"

Chow: "Yeah, so?"

Fisher: "You get to cash in another USC voucher when the first one pans out all right. Alright? Can we agree on that, Mike?"

Reinfeldt: "We can agree on that, Jeff."

Chow: "So where does that leave us at receiver then?"

Fisher: "I'm imagining a starting trio of Brandon Jones, Justin Gage, and maybe ... Jacoby Jones or something. Has a nice ring to it. That's a lot of J's, isn't it, Mike?"

Reinfeldt: "That is a lot of J's, sir."

Fisher: "F that fo rizzle. I said to call me Jeff."

Reinfeldt: "I just forget sometimes. Won't happen again."

Chow (aside): "At least all this will be mine soooon enough."

Eh, something like that. But seriously, I'm starting to like this Jacoby kid. He's definitely got some confidence, and apparently very good hands, too.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

You may be a little crazy G.....I like that :))

And Jones, I feel kinda sorry for being in the town he plays in and having never heard of him till recently. Maybe he can be something, but it seems we need to go a little higher to try and get a guy. Maybe not the 1st, but the 2nd round should still be strong this year.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Nice.

I feel bad about being in the same state. (Points at himself and says) "Ig-norant."

Yeah, I kind of think the same thing about rounds one and two myself. Aundrae Allison in three could be nice, but I'd still much prefer Bowe or Meachem or Jason Hill. But who knows, if they're forced to go DE and CB in whatever order in one and two, they could be looking to see who is the Roos-type unknown this year (I was going to say 'Calico' but the reference epsecially from an in-state angle was going to draw too much negative attention). Could be looking to see if he's worth a rd. 3-4 kind of a gamble. I think he's going to draw the buzz of a few notorious riser-slash-sleeper type of predictors before it's over.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:
    nice one

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

i think we could get meachem in the first and jacoby in the later rounds. he's a sleeper.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We could but I see us drafting maybe two sleeper WRs in the middle to late rounds and adding some beef to our defense.

7. y would we try to get a sleeper wr when we clearly cannot draft good wrs like that, the only one that worked out was dmason

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'd take a shot at him I whatched him in the East-West Shrine Game and he caught my eye. He could def. be a good WR or better. He's got good hands so he's not Calico so why not.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

so we just give up on drafting WRs forever?

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar