Jacob Bell to decline his tender

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

now, this could be ugly

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

man, things just get better and better. at this rate we'll end up drafting someone like ginn or jarrett in the first round :irked:

3. They'll agree on a contract eventually...

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Somebody "splain" this to me. Is declining to sign the tender a long term contract move or is a "I'm moving" move.

And what the hell is the "first round" part of the statement. I don't understand...waaaaahh :cry:

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Things are rolling our way. Why would he do that though does he want out of Tennessee?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we still own his rights because he has been in the league for three years(restricted free agent), but he is without a contract right now. had he signed his tender he would have had a 1 year contract worth $1.85 mil.

he probably saw all that money that was getting thrown at interior linemen this offseason and wanted his cut.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

like alot of us have been saying, we need to use some of our cap-runneth-over fundage and lock up some talent long term - Jacob happens to be one of those guys

this could just be him saying "I don't want to sign a 1-year deal, I want to be a Titan til I retire"

I hope it's not saying "Show me the money"

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hey if he is worth it, the market will give it to him. I would like to keep the line as stable as possible.

I'm still confused. Did we hang a 1st round pick on him if somebody wants to trade or was that a mis-print in the initial post?

9. mdfan

mdfan Starter

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd like to see a long term deal, but I'm not opposed to drafting an OG fairly high. Maybe a replacement for him if not Olsen. Sears, Beekham, Ramirez, Alleman (looks similar to Bell, but more upside coming out) are guys we could look at. I think Amano can come in and at least be a decent guard.

But really, who isn't a little suspicious of "the shark" :suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar