Jackie Battle - RB - Jumping 3 rounds...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

found some better stuff on him:

It's in the last few seconds of the video (it's about a minute long) but well worth watching
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IBqVmkg4HKg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IBqVmkg4HKg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And carrying a guy about four yards into the endzone:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6QLn93Smzwk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6QLn93Smzwk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JCQz4KBtfg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JCQz4KBtfg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I definately wouldn't mind him in the third

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dare i say it?

Eddie like? Ooch is right but my highlight shows his explosiveness and considering he is the same size as eddie was that makes him an interesting prospect.

Also some likeness to larry johnson. Running style is actually more like johnson and you see how fast he gets into and through that hole? I like that.

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

talented... but too tall... i'm tired of tall RBs

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Don't let the number fool you, he looks good, but Idk if I'd go as far as comparing him to Eddie, weren't people doing that with LenDale about this time last year?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ooch...

Unlike lendale this won't be a 2nd rd investment. Maybe not even a 3rd or 4th.

Frankly i'd like to know where our houston fan got the idea that this guy is moving up 3 rounds. 3 rounds from nothing?

Great blue north lists him as the 48th best RB prospect.

NFL draft countdown lists 31 RB prospects and he isn't one of them.

Scout.com has him listed as the 15th best back.

I guess the issue isn't so much where he will be drafted but if.

Based on his size and workouts he is worth looking at. Problem is that in 12 games this year in the mighty USA conference he only got 400 yards. Guys with that little production fall below the radar and maybe that will be a good thing for gets him. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him late..

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not too tall..

Not with a 245 lb body. He is an inch shorter than chris brown but also 20 lbs heavier. Also the highlights demonstrate a player who gets to the line fast some times a problem with tall backs. He is a big guy and maybe it is just the uniform but he looks like he can muscle up and be bigger. He isn't as huge looking as eddie was or jamal lewis. The guy can be a monster.

Eddie george was as durable a back as there ever was and he was similar in size.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

He'd definately be worth a second day pick, 3rd round would be argueable, but if he's there for us in the forth I definately think he'd be worth getting. It'd definately give LenDale some serious competition, which Fish has said is a priority.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ooch...

Why do you think that neither nfl draft countdown or great blue north have him rated high enough to draft at all?

I hope slamma can tell us were he got those workout numbers because the 4.42 wasn't run at the combine. I looked at the top 10 RB times and he wasn't listed. He would have been 4th with that time.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

These are the numbers from NFL.com pro-day results

Battle (6-2, 235 pounds) ran his 40s in 4.42 and 4.43. He also had a 41-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-11 long jump, 4.11 short shuttle, 6.51 three-cone drill and 19 bench presses.

I'm most impresed with the 3 cone drill. That is faster than all but a couple of CBs.

Brocato made a statement about him moving into the 1st day and possibly the 2nd rnd. I think it was in the Houston Chronicle.

The guy has off the chart measurables and actually had very decent production almost 1000 yds and 15 TDs this yr.

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I have no idea, from what I've seen of him he doesn't look bad at all, but I'll be the first to tell you I watch very little college ball.

Ok, so this is really weird, NFL.com doesn't have a prospect profile for him, it lists Kolb as the only player coming out of Houston, that could be why they don't have him as being drafted. Anyone got an explanation for that or is it just a screw up by NFL.com?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar