J.J. Watt released by Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tbone in TN, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Add mike renfro’s TD catch into that mess and the luv ya blue days. Firing Bum a bit prematurely was part of that ending.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Renfro was in bounds...we got screwed.

3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I don’t know how old you are, but I’m an old Oiler fan. I live In Houston. The Texans history is a lot worse than the Oilers history. The Chiefs comeback is a lot worse than 35-3. The Oilers blew it, but they had a chance to win that game at the end. The Texans never had a chance and the Chiefs ended up winning by 20. The Oilers won playoff games and made the AFC Championship, The Texans nada.

The Oilers weren’t cursed. The Texans are, IMHO

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Clearly. One of the plays that started the instant replay discussion.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Recency bias. There is nothing worse than 35-3 that late in the game and blowing it. The pain will never go away.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

We can agree to disagree then. I am an old Oilers fan as well. I lived it all too.

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

It was an entire half of football. I don’t think it’s decency. Being up 24-0 after only a quarter and 5 minutes and being down 28-24 by half time and then losing by 20 after the Chiefs score 51 is crazy bad. Especially when Watson is supposed to be this generational talent. Don’t get me wrong. 35-3 was horrible and is still one of the worst coaching jobs in history. But let’s be clear Warren Moon was good, but he never had the best WR in the game wind he was never talked about the same way Watson is. IMHO the City of Houston owns the 2 worst comebacks in NFL a history I just think the current team in Houston’s loss was worse. Not by much, but worse.
    So maybe it isn’t the teams... maybe the Astrodome and NRG are built on an old Indian burial ground or something and there is a curse.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

No he just had the best WR group ever assembled on 1 team
    Hill, Jeffries, Duncan, givins for a few years, then trade out hill for slaughter.

I can’t think of any other team in history to have 4 quality WRs for multiple seasons in a row.
    No way is just Hopkins better than that.

I’d also say moon was highly recognized as a top QB in the league during his time.

9. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

That first quarter had a ridiculous nimrod turnovers that led to scores. Watching that game, I wasn’t even surprised that the chiefs retook the lead before half. It seemed like only a matter of time. They were clothe better team with some bad breaks in the first quarter. But the WC game against the bills was a stunner. We had beaten them the week before 28-3. And then we’re up 35-3 with momentum after a pick 6. In 6 quarters of football we had out scored them 63-6. And they had a backup QB playing! And we lose. That is an epic collapse and in my opinion far worse than the Houston loss to KC.

10. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Exactly. That Oiler team was loaded on offense and on defense. They were a legitimate Super Bowl contender. The Texans were not. They had one lucky first quarter vector a bunch of turnovers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar