J.J. Watt released by Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tbone in TN, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

They HAD a great front 7. Indy could lose a TON of key starters from last year in free agency and retirement and will need to replace or re-sign them.
    Anthony Costanzo, Ty Hilton, Justin Houston, Denico Autry, Marlon Mack, Xavier Rhodes, Malik Hooker, Anthony Walker, Jacoby Brisset and like ten other solid components of last years team.

That is a LOT with just $40 million in cap space

3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Where have you been? Have not seen the posts about how tough Indy is and how they have a ton of money to spend and the Titans will be lucky to get a WC berth going forward because Indy was in this great position? It’s already been decided that Indy is wing the division for the foreseeable future by some of the fans in here. How dare you bring facts into the discussion?

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

His prove it one year deal last year was 10 mill. Will Watt be much less? I can’t imagine it will be. If we signed both to multi year deals and got a low cap number for this first year then perhaps it will be possible. But I don’t see it happening.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Me neither. He could have something left in the tank, but he’s well past his prime, and frequently injured. I don’t see the appeal. We’ve tried to fill this position with aging veterans the last two seasons. Is FO incapable of scouting pass rushers?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I don't see us being the team to offer him that much. The Titans know he's an aging DE with a lot of missed games. That kind of money needs to go to someone who is still on the front side of their career.

#136 Aqutis30, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

There’s no strong evidence to convict them on the ability to choose edge rushers.

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Interesting. I really thought with his age and injury history he’d be more in the $10-$12 mil range.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

If we will be fine and over the cap and FAs to sign why won't Indy be fine or in better position being so much under the cap?
    They now have a QB in place

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

JJ Watt will be a Brown I think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar