J.J. Watt released by Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tbone in TN, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Vrabel isn’t knowingly going to tell anything of value to the press or in a Q&A. They are just going about their business and we will find out when whatever happens finally happens.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

And most of this quote can be packaged and used every single year in FA.

"When you go into free agency, there's a lot of things about player acquisition that go into it: What is best for your football team? Cost is also a part of it. The fit is a part of it, and then the need..... there will be other veteran players that become available that we'll have discussions on, ... There's a lot of things that go into bringing in free agents, certainly ones that are past 30 or in the back half of their career. Those are all things that you wage and determine"

Exactly the same speak occurs every year and did around Clowney.

• Troll Troll x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We need a Watt type and he knows Vrabs well.

If we can clear some cap space I like our odds

4. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

Watt is a risk versus reward signing. If he is able to stay healthy that would be huge. The thought of Watt and Clowney being healthy with Simmons and Landry improves the defense greatly.

5. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

20210224_191040.jpg
    Gross. **** Watt, I don't want him here at all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Watt and Clowney isnt happening

Its one or the other

How can we pay both

7. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I agree. Only way is they both agree to come for less money or some cap friendly deal. And I don’t see it happening.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The comments in that Clayton tweet are gold

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Dont think Clowney is getting a big pay day. Gonna be another prove it contract.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar