J.J. Watt released by Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tbone in TN, Feb 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tbone in TN

Tbone in TN Special Teams Standout

Kinda no surprise that he was released. Where do you think he will end up? I know he wants a ring so I am sure it is down to 4 teams. I am just guessing Green Bay (because of his ties to Wisconsin), Tampa Bay, Buffalo, and maybe Pittsburg. I am sure he will sign for the bare minimum to try and get a Super Bowl ring.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Maybe Pittsburgh? Lol both of his brothers are there. I’d say they are the favorite.

would love for JRob and Vrabel to get him here. Him and Simmons would be a hell of a combo.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Packers and Steelers have some cap issues they'd need to fix before adding Watt.

I think the Jets, Pats or the Cowboys.

4. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

He would be a solid pick up we have a shot at a SB as much as any teams named above. Plus he knows Vrabel that helps some I would think.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Out of the teams PFT says he has a chance of going to, they said the Titans are last at +1800 lol​

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Packers and PIttsburgh don’t have a need for JJ and huge Cap issues. I wouldn’t be surprised but they would have to make a lot of moves to sign him. I just don’t think from a team perspective they will do that. JJ may want it, but it doesn’t make sense for the Packers or Steelers to sign him because it helps JJ.

The Titans however are an obvious choice. We need him. We are a contender with a good defense, not a great defense, just good. JJ is a fan of Vrabel based on past statements and also knows Shane Bowen. I doubt he comes here. But I’m sure we make an offer,

It’s going to be interesting to watch this.

7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Well, there it is. JJ Watt will be a Titan next season. Lock it.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Pouncey just retired in Pittsburgh to help with some of the cap issues. Talk about Big Ben retiring also.

However, JJ doesn’t need a big pay day. He’s already had one. I suspect he will be chasing a championship. I’d bet he would take a paycut for the chance to win a championship with both of his brothers. That chance doesn’t come around often.

Yes the Vrabel connection is true but Vrabel was only his coach for a season (is he really going to say something bad about an old coach? He’s not sad anything bad about BOB publicly and they got into at practice lol). Titans are probably a long shot here although I suspect we will make a run I just don’t see him signing here unfortunately.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I am just not sure that Watt is not done, or real close to being done. Injuries and age.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

The same guy that said the Titans would be handed a “historic” punishment for the COVID stuff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar