I've changed my mind

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

A few months ago I was on the "hate" train for Steve McNair. I was so upset he was leaving... I don't know... Here is the thing... I'm really happy for him now and I hope the Ravens continue to win, and not only that... if they reach the playoffs I hope they get to the Super Bowl and win it. I'd like to see McNair in the HOF and that is what it will take.

I still hope we manage a win against them.

Go #9. No hard feelings.:)

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Huhh- I just Schwartz'ed my pants!

I feel the same way SEC BP. I'd like to see McNair get himself a ring 'cause I agree that's what it will take to get him in the HOF. No problem with Samari either. Steve will be back in 2-tone blue in a couple of years(maybe sooner).

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

The Warren Moon ceremonials got me thinking.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, Steve deserved better. It'll be bittersweet to see him hold the Lombardi in purple.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I thought it was interesting that Bud Adams remarked that letting Moon go was something to the effect of "one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made..."

6. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I saw him on MNF last night and he looks like the McNair we all loved. He had a genuine smile and just looked happy. I saw some high lights Sunday, he looked better than I've saw him in a few years. I'd say he was as tired of us as we were of the Titans losing so much. Glad to see him enjoying football again.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I generally agree. If we could only beat the ravens, then I'd be able to wish them the best in the playoffs. If they beat us, and Steve/Mason/Rolle make any negative comments, it'll be harder. I want to wish the best for them.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'm right there with you BP. I still love old #9. Embarrassing but true; I actually wept when he broke off that 60 yard run against J-ville in the AFC Championship game back in 99 - 00. After over two decades of passionately following the franchise, "we" were finally in the Super Bowl. Steve could have wings grafted to his back, paint himself purple and mumble "nevermore" from now until the end of time, but thru these eyes he's 100% Titan double blue, through and through for frickin’ ever.

This kind of goes back to Gunny's thread earlier in the week regarding what gets you angry or frustrated on the boards. For me it's a little thing I like to call “eating your dead”. It happened when Eddie left, it happened when Steve left and to a lesser extent following the departures of Kearse, Rolle and Mase. When a valued member of the team leaves (for whatever reason) people I otherwise respect will come on here and try to rewrite history, bash their former heroes and question what value these players ever brought the team. It seems they choose to view everything that player has achieved with a cynical eye and the weird part is they seem to take great joy in doing so. I recall vividly posters taking what seemed like great joy in seeing Eddie stumble his way through his brief stint in Dallas. As fans, when all is said and done all we are really left with is our treasured memories of hard fought games and the great players who took part in them. Why one would choose to **** all over these memories with bitter revisionist history always escaped me, and quite honestly as a fellow fan it kind of embarrassed me. It's a phenomenon that I'm sure is not unique to Titans' fans but since I only regularly frequent Titans' boards, I'm only familiar with it as it occurs here.

As for 2006, even in a purple motif “McNair to Mason… Touchdown!” still puts a smile on my face.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I am still rooting for him. It's like watching the Titans with Ray Lewis. I rooted for Moon when he left too.

The only thing I find that has soured are the football cards. I really don't care about the McNair or George cards anymore, partly because they will not make the HOF, and partly because they never won the big game. I have lost interest in them.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I never really collected George so that remains unchanged but I still collect the odd McNair. I have the type of personality that lends itself to collecting things. I've got some odd crap (500+ DVD's, 1000+ CD's, and seemingly tons of memorabilia of bands, TV Shows etc that I've followed over the years). Card collecting is just a natural extension of that quirk. The not going to the HOF thing really doesn't bug me, I don't view cards as investments, it's just another way of getting some fun out of the game I love and conscious effort on my part to still try to enjoy the game like a kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar