It's Official!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree it sucks and of course I would love to see us back in the playoffs and in SB contention. But at this point its just not happening. I think a good offseason and we could be there next year, but this year we just dont look like a playoff team IMO. Hopefuly Im wrong, but watching the last 5 weeks, we havent been good. I think Im a realist. Vince has loads of potential, but he hasnt reached it yet. The receivers are bad, the running game is inconsistent. The defense is very good with Haynesworth playing, but mediocre without him. What out of these things do you disagree with?

Im saying we have overachieved record wise. And I was specifically talking about the last 11 games of last year, and the first 8 of this year which I pointed out several times. You keep point out all of these shortcomings, such as the red zone troubles, but yet you dont see it as overachieving when we have a good record, despite all of these shortcomings you keep poing out. I dont get it.

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

So much doom and gloom. We play in the toughest division in the NFL. We are young. We have no playmakers other than VY on offense. Do you think the Wr's, TE's, or RB's put fear into other teams? The successful teams have several weapons on offense. We have one. We have the defense, now the offense will need to be upgraded through FA and the draft.

10-6 and 9-7 was pretty much the consensus for this year. We are still capable of achieving that. Yet, it is a dissapointing year now even if we do.

Last year we overachieved. This year we are right about where we thought we would be, even then I feel we have overachieved the first half of the season.

Our defense matches up well with ANY team but our offense is another story.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

This is exactly what Im saying. The last 11 games of last year, and the first 8 of this year probably spoiled us and made us think this team was a little better than they are. They arent a bad team, but they certainly arent a really good team either.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

dg1979us

Actually I agree with all that. I just can't classify the Titans as over achievers. Over the past three years this franchise has failed at so many many levels it's pathetic. I think they've had ample time to get it turned around. Any number of things could have been done differently. I really do not like our offensive style either. All the short hook/bunch crap. I hate that timing junk that Chow runs. Vince needs an offense that lets him play free and loose like the gunslinger he is. Fisher lets his coordinators run wild doing whatever they want. Teams are what there results are. Our results suck.

suck DOES NOT = over achievement.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

what is your definition of good anyways?

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

you know, after a four and then a five win season you should expect a .500 or better season. Not more of the same. You strike me as complacent.

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

We did last year. 8-8

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

If you achieve what you expect then it's not over achievement.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Over achievement last year would have been winning the wild card or possibly the division with 12 wins or something. That would have been over achievement last year. This year we should have expected the Titans to get a WC berth or at the very least win 9 games. Anything short of that can not be called over achievement. Do you think Fisher takes these guys out to chucky cheese after the game and hand out little tiny "over achievement" trophies or something? We dropped three in a row. All this front end back in, hot and cold crap is still the same team + or - a player or two. The are still the 2006 or 2007 Titans. Lack of consistency in excellence does not make a case for over achievement.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

A team that can realistically compete in the playoffs. We are a solid team, dont get me wrong. I havent once said we are a terrible team. But I dont think we are to the level yet of seriously even thinking about going deep in the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar