It's Just Offensive

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I'm partially tempted by one of the Iowa TE's or Irv Smith from Alabama.

If Hockenson is there at #19, I'd LOVE to have him. His ceiling is in the area of Gronk. He can block, runs good routes, fast, good hands.

I just feel like we can find a solid/good interior OL in the 2nd round, but a freak athlete TE that can block won't be there. That or one of the top edge defenders, but I won't hold my breath that Sweat, Burns, or Allen will be there.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

My issue with taking TE in the first and OL in the 2nd means Luck will still have all day against us.
    As much as it sucks to have to game plan entire offseasons for him, it’s the key to winning division. Cannot take another 2 losses to the Colts.

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

We've signed two productive receivers (Matthews had 60 YPG the season prior to signing here, Humphries 50+) and drafted another at #5 overall to complement a pro bowl TE who is in no way being elevated by Mariota. We've also had two 1,000 yards rushers, a top 10 tackle selected to complement another top 10 tackle, and a top guard signed in FA. All within his first 5 years. When is enough enough? If he needs anything else to become a productive passer, then he sucks. Plain and simple.

In 11 games , Tanne Hill threw 17 TDs with Kenny Stills, a horrible O line, and not much else. So Mariota really better step it up. It will be difficult to make excuses for him when he's getting outplayed.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

ABC is the only person in Miami hyping up Tanny lol

I remember they even hyped up Moore one time to be the starter

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I'm putting things into perspective. Tanne Hill is by no means a good QB by NFL standards. Yet he outproduced Mariota, as have nearly every other QB who isn't good by NFL standards. He actually had a 100 QB rating and a winning rrecord with a crap team last year until the majority of his line was composed of reserves and he couldn't even make a simple dropback.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I think Mariota has potential, FWIW. But his stats have been far too poor to be absolved of any blame.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I don't think anyone absolved Matiota of any blame, although I could be wrong. I think most of the people here agree that he needs to show improvement this year, or he's likely gone.

Where the disagreements seem to be is whether or not he should get that opportunity.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I think he's going to have all day no matter what. No one could get close to him last year. Even when he doesn't have great protection, he's still extremely good because he gets the ball out quickly.

I think we need to worry about scoring more points than getting pressure. Less than 20 per game is just not going to cut it.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Potential is for rookies. In your fifth year it's called wasted potential.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

But he averages 34 the last 6 games against Tennessee. This Tennessee offense isnt built to put that up any given week and hasn’t shown they can do that in a shootout, only when the D is playing exceptionally well.

Luck can be gotten to. Jax did this and won 6-0 last year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar