It's Just Offensive

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

So in another thread recently, I was trying to make the classic point that defense wins championships. I mean after all, that "Super"bowl wasn't exactly a barn burner. But in looking up stats to make my point, I noticed who the top four scoring offenses were last year. KC, LAR, NO & NE..... yes, the exact 4 teams that ended up in the championship round of the playoffs.

So hey, maybe I was wrong. Maybe we WILL go offense in the first two rounds of the draft. Maybe we aren't signing Suh or any other defensive player, because we're saving room for possibly another offensive addition. Maybe if we can go from 19.7 pts/g to 25 pts/g it could be us in that championship round next year.

I mean what's it gonna take?! A healthy Mariota was actually one of the best last year, and Tanehill finally gives us some insurance behind him. But who could we add to take this offense to the next level?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree with the mantra, but you are kidding yourself if you don’t think that Super Bowl belonged to New Orleans.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think having a healthy team with the addition of Saffold and Humphries automatically makes us a better team. I think people forget we lost our 2 top offensive weapons at the time, last season, after the season started. Losing Walker week 1 and never having Matthews engaged was huge. Coaches and Mariota had to adjust on the fly.

We've never seen both Walker and Davis on the field at the same time since Davis seems to have emerged as our #1. I think our TE group right now is underrated when healthy. I think our backups are very solid and everybody has good hands except Jonnu Smith.

Humphries could be the perfect addition if Taylor develops. If Taylor can improve on his catching and attention to detail we could have a very complimentary WR group. A #1. A slot guy. And a burner who can stretch the field as well as a possession guy in Sharpe.

The offensive line issues could be fixed this year. I have faith in Saffold and think they'll manage to fill the RG spot so we at least have a serviceable unit this season.

I'm actually pretty optimistic now that I think about it. And having Tanny as a backup gives us more insurance if God forbid Mariota did go down. I think just having our team from last year healthy would've been good enough, but now I think the key new additions could help push us over the top.

Unless its OL I wouldn't even draft offense in the top 2 rounds.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Last 2 bowls should have been New Orleans IMO, they keep getting terrible luck in the playoffs

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Dangermode

What does that have to do with anything? When did I ever say New Orleans shouldn't have been in the Superdud?

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Don’t let last year deter your mindset. Defense still wins championships. Just look at the year before.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That the last Super Bowl would have had a high powered winner had it not been for one of the worst calls in the history of the NFL.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Flag!!!

Speculation on the field.

Who would have guessed the rams only score 3 points? They were supposed to be “high powered” too.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

If we are going offensive in rd1 its gotta be Noah fant, Irv Smith or Metcalf. TE or receiver. Metcalf is a pure burner like taywan but built like the side of a house. Smith and Fant are obvious because delanie as much as he's defying father time he is getting older and Jonnu could do with some young competition.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  10. Dangermode

I got it... use our 3rd to move up and draft Hokenson in the 1st.
    Trade Taywan, our 2nd and next year's 1st for Mike Evans or Stefon Diggs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar