IT'S EDIBLE - random recipe thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Good stuff CajunTitan. I love Louisiana folks...

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cajun..

Yeah it's from china. :gag: I hate to say..

I guess it will have to be shrimp etoufee from now on.:greedy:

I was able to locate a good smoked sausage in a nashville store in a black neighborhood here to use like andouille. Still doesn't pack the flavor punch though. Pepperoni is a hard dry sausage that packs a lot of flavor but it isn't smoked. We have to make due the best we can until we get down there. Not to brag but i actually make a good boudin..

3. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Roll Tide,

If you make a good boudin, don't change it! The problem I find with boudin is that someone makes a real good one, they start to sell it, then they get popular, then they realize that rice is alot cheaper than meat. The rice content goes up the meat content goes down and the next thing you know, you got some really lousy boudin.

If you haven't tried boudin balls you should give it a shot. Take some uncased boudin (it needs to be on the moist side) and roll it into balls (about the size of a racket ball), batter it, and fry it. Enjoy

4. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Here is a family recipe with no name that is easy, but man it is good.

1 lb. of crawfish tails (chinese if you must) or peeled shrimp
    1 stick of butter
    1 bunch of green onions
    3 oz. of cream cheese
    1/2 pint of whipping cream
    cajun seasoning

Saute onions in butter, add crawfish or shrimp and saute about 10 min. Melt in cream cheese then add whipping cream. Cook on low for abou 15-20 min.

Eat over rice or pasta.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Whoa that's the real deal. Most modern recipes don't include the onions which make all the difference.

HP sauce is always in my fridge. :yes:

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

This thread was driving me nuts with food cravings.The best I could come up with in my locale was a trip to TGI Fridays last night.

A poor substitute no doubt but it managed to satisfy the taste buds & it was pretty good.

I had the Jack Daniels Chicken which was both sweet & peppery. Came with cheesy mashed potato & greens.

Inspired by Broken Record I had my first ever whiskey sour which was darn fine.Mine was mixed in the glass.:ha:

I was also able to get my first taste of Bipolar's favored Maker's Mark which I really liked.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nice recipe..

Very rich creamy texture i'm sure. Over pasta it is a little like a tetrazzini.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress doing some drinking..!

Makers mark probably is the best bourbon you can buy at most liquor store shelves. Jack technically can't be called a bourbon because it's not made in kentucky but it is the same type of whisky.

I once stayed at a hotel in louisville that had a bar that served like a thousand different bourbons. Who could try them all?

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

[​IMG]

I have a bottle of this for special occasions.Tis a thing of beauty.:guzzle:

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yes..

Truly a thing of beauty!

Edit: A single barrel small batch product by the jim beam people who know a thing or 2 about bourbon. Wow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar