It Needs to Start at the Top

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bassplyr, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

Another miserable loss by the Titans. 2-7 and all we hear from the owner this week is the coach and GM are secure in their job. Further, he believes we may make the playoffs this season, for sure next season and Super Bowl in 2017. If he truly believes that, he is about the only one.

Calling out the O line was OK, but they could be playing lights out and this team probably isn't winning any more games. Too many holes elsewhere - DL, LB, WR, CB, maybe QB. Face it, coaching is an issue too. Simply out, there is too little talent from the ownership down to the concessions workers.

I think the only way the Titans can change their culture is a change in ownership. Clearly, the current regime looks at the Titans as just another business in their overall corporate enterprise. There is no true affinity for the product and no apparent accountability for on field performance. As long as it is turning a profit (which it is), there won't be any real change.

The current ownership has no ties to Nashville and subsequently doesn't have to face any heat from the fans. They don't have to hear directly from fans on the street, in stores, or anywhere in their daily lives about how poorly their team is performing. Other than a few calls during the week, it doesn't sound like the Titans require very much of Tommy's time.

It doesn't sound as if the Adams are interested in selling, but it also doesn't appear they have any real interest in even considering changes in culture or management to affect change.

I'm done with the Titans. If the organization isn't willing to put all the options on the table, then I think I will go watch someone exciting.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

bye

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Any improvement will have to come next year. Trust me we are all frustrated but I stopped being mad 2 weeks ago ... Every week that goes by we can't just say "this team is garbage..." This is a given- don't expect huge changes or improvement this year - I'm basically in offseason mode already.

I do agree and feel this organization is sorely lacking any identity or leadership of any kind whatsoever; it's next to nothing. This franchise isn't on the radar at all in any facet of anything good - it's mediocre and needs a rehaul - we know this but no one can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

So we're forced to just sit here, gut it out in our stomachs and hope something drastic happens.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

This organization passed mediocre on the way down a long time ago. They are bad....real bad. Oakland Raider bad.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

It's sad when the only people wearing Titans gear are homeless.

• LOL LOL x 4
  6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Was at TJ Max today. They had #28 jerseys. I checked to see if they were clearance at least, but nope. Lol. Guess they haven't heard.

7. amy

amy Starter

Poor coaching makes any team appear to have no talent. We may not be the most talented team, but we had a better playing team under Munch. Jmo

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Or give aways in third world countries

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Apparently the o.p. never heard of drake.

Started from DA bottom now we here.

Well were almost to the bottom.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar