It looks like the Titans will draft Cutler

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

What do people have against Cutler? Is it because hes not the popular choice i.e. Lienart, or is it because UT fans are still pissed off that good Ole Phil couldn't hold off Vandy forever. Now to say that Cutler will rise above Lienart and/or Young may seem foolish, and I accept that. But if you noticed y'all are the only ones clamoring against him right now??? Hes a Hell of a talent that could prove to be one of the better QB's in the draft as could Vince Young or Lienart. I am just astounded that hometown boy is getting bashed as much as he is even though he has had one of the more stellar careers of any SEC quarterback. Yeah you can pull up his stats, but if you look at where he fits in historically he ranks among the top SEC QB's. Whether he becomes a Titan or not is out of any fans hands, but at least show him some props for having the success he is, it doesn't happen often to Vandy nation.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Vandy sends their share of worn out punters into the NFL

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I don't dislike Cutler - but he's got the same ?? like VYoung to me. His stock has sky rocketed for one reason or another, and its based around one thing, not their career really. VYoung since Senior Bowl and Cutler since he stopped playing, oddly enough. It's the whole stock sky rocketing thing I don't like - it seems that GMs get blinded with it and then just draft them - and don't go with the safer option or whatever. A KEY example is Akili Smith.

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Dude, Akili Smith had a phenominal senior year at Oregon. He had one of the best years passing of any quarterback in Pac 10 history. His stock did not just skyrocket after the season or because of some combine work out. He had a fantastic year and got drafted because of it. He is not a good example for you here.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If Bud was Al Davis we would draft Cutler, at least Bud said he prefered Cutler. Then again Young was the only one mentioned by name...

6. This whole "stock skyrocketing" thing is all in people's mind anyway. Why do fans assume that players' stock is making major changes in the mind of the scouts just because draftnicks just found out about a guy.

Teams and fans are on completely different pages. The fans just don't understand that.

7. Nash

Nash Starter

Jets and Cutler

I wonder if some of the incredible hype is because a NY team is considering him...huge number of fans, NY media, national media, if Pennington were healthy I doubt that the hype would be this great..

8. I do think that has an impact. But even before that came out he was getting a lot of attention because he was the only top QB at the Senior Bowl and now is the only top QB to fully participate at the Combine.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If Bud was Al Davis we would have drafted Randy Moss.

10. maximus

maximus Starter

Really, thats the first I heard of that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar