It is what it Is, lets go win some games.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

When the Titans had every WR on the board, Merling/Groves, and could've easily traded up a few spots for either Mendenhall or Jones than yeah it's a reach.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

And those receivers stayed on the board long after we chose, which means they would have been reaches as well.

Groves had been cited as having character issues, hence his fall.

Merling had a sports hernia, which can be pretty dangerous, hence his fall.

Mike Tomlin said there were 2 or 3 players that they would grab at 23 without considering trading the pick. Mendenhall was one of them.

Maybe we had Johnson and Jones rated the same. Or if Jones was rated higher, he wasn't rated high enough to dish out picks for.

3. The Playmaker

Who cares if WR's lasted Vince only threw what 9 TD's last season?

Didn't stop from being drafted soon after.

Minor issues, and he'll be a steal for Jax.

When the #2 RB to alot of people has pretty much dropped to our laps you get him!

Titans have 2 available 4th round picks to trade. I'm sure that guy would've made a better impact than a RB like Mendenhall.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

You don't draft players for the sake of drafting them. You draft the ones that you think will be the best for your team. People have said all along that there wasn't a WR in this draft that deserved to be in the first round, and that was proven today. I guess we should have reached for one though, but aren't you hypocritically arguing against "reaching" for CJ?

When you're franchise has the shadow of Pacman dwelling over it, any issue is a major issue. The Bengals are a laughing stock because they continually draft punks. I don't think we need that image.

I think we would have taken Mendenhall, but if you actually think about it, he's not the type of back we needed. If we were to trade up for any RB it would have been Jones. Like Lenfat or not, we already have a power back in him. And as I've already said, Pitt wasn't willing to trade out of their pick.

5. The Playmaker

So why not trade up ahead of Dallas and take Jones? Which would've been a perfect pick. I'm not mad about not getting a WR I'm mad for wasting a pick when we could've gotten Charles or Slaton Sunday. Which would've made the same impact.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Like I said, maybe we had Jones and CJ graded about the same, so why trade picks away to get a guy of the same grade? CJ is a couple of steps quicker than Jones for what it's worth.

Jamaal Charles is mildly retarded and doesn't have the WR/KR/RB ability. And maybe we weren't convinced about Slaton, I don't know. We needed a playmaker and we got the one that we thought was best. I have no problem with the pick.

7. The Playmaker

I just don't like the fact we used a 1st round pick on a change of pace #2 RB when their was every WR on the board.

8. The Playmaker

Jones is way above CJ as far as a football player I don't care if he is faster than Jones. Because Jones got it done behind D-Mac and played in the SEC.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

That is your scouting report. The NFL teams all have their own.

10. The Playmaker

Yeah and I read that Fisher had Jones as his #1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar