Isiah Wilson done with Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thanos22, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'd be all for that but looking at it closer...Saints have Ryan Ramcyck at RT

2. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

DmanTX answered basically along my line of thinking. If the red flags were so large hat teams were completely dropping him off their board, we would have heard about it.

I am not saying the kid was a saint that suddenly got money and decided he liked hookers and blow.

Every year if someone gets dropped off of "multiple teams" boards, we hear about it around that time, not a fricken year later.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Bad pick. JRob responsible. Let’s not over complicate it. JRob knows-he has admitted he has to do better this year.

#183 Riverman, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • High Five High Five x 2
  4. Riverman

Titans Want to Cut Cost of Cutting Wilson

.....“I also said multiple times in podcasts leading up to last year’s draft, that there are plenty of red flags, primarily personality issues that teams were concerned about,” Pauline said. “There were a number of teams across the league that had removed Wilson from their draft board completely because of these personality red flags.....

5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I call BS on Mr. Pauline. NO mention anywhere by him or anyone else ore draft of any red flags about this kid. I think maybe his personality test showed immaturity or something. But there are no arrests, no off field issues. NOTHING on the web anywhere. So unless Wilson is part of the deep state and it’s a conspiracy to keep all his bad stuff off the internet there would be at least 1 story about this kid being a problem. Everything is on the internet now. There isn’t. It looks like a bad pick. It happens.

What analysts said about Titans' Isaiah Wilson before 2020 NFL Draft

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Riverman

you mean no published pre draft concerns. The article I referenced stated there were several teams that had concerns. Easy to believe what you want to believe, but it has now been published there were pre draft concerns. Call it BS if you want, but you can’t suggest your reference of excerpts any more supports your decision than dismissing outright any other published article refutes your position.

Pauline also stated he said multiple times in ore draft podcasts that Wilson had character concerns. That’s easy enough to verify if your motivated. I’ll take that SI is credible enough they wouldn’t publish that if it were an outright misrepresentation that could be easily checked. Their reputation is at stake.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

That article also admitted Tennessee was aware of the concerns but decided to just take a chance on him. It obviously backfired.

“You know we are going to roll the dice, take some chances with him because he is so talented.’

Why would you roll the dice and take some chances with a guy who “has no red flags?” I think JRob and Vrabel thought our veteran OL could help him out and guide him. You hear all the players talk about this being the strongest lockeroom they’ve ever been apart of. I’m sure JRob and Vrabel learned a lesson from this. Not everyone can be changed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Riverman

I don’t disagree with that all. Obviously they were wrong about it working out.

But it’s obvious it was out he was a known character risk based on the SI article. Pauline stated in the article he said in pre draft podcasts that there character concerns. So it WAS out there.

personally I think it was too big a gamble with a first round pick.

9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Whats the point of arguing it... some people on GoTitans said there were no issues and the people saying there were issues are lying about saying there were issues. Clearly we must believe the gotitans posters over the paid professionals.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I think the term used was personality issues, which insinuates a personality test that he took. I don’t know if they do that, I assume they do, but the Titans apparently didn’t put much stock in it.

Correct, their reputation is at stake. They don’t point to anything specific. They just say several unnamed teams and personality issues. It also appears to just be one guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar