Isaiah Wilson traded to Dolphins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dirk Diggler, Mar 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Way I look at with jrob, over the past 4 years I've never watched soo many full titans games, before I'd not bother watching the 4th quarter cause we had no chance. Past 2 years we've been going into games against any team in the nfl and thought yea we can win this. Think about that, any team we could beat. 2018, 2019 we beat the SB champs of that year in the regular season. He's got us on the up and granted a few errors on the way but name a GM who hasn't.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

What part?

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Without comparing JRob to every other GM in the league you can’t realistically say someone is average, above average, greatest of all time, or worst of all time. When you have nothing you’re comparing him against it’s just words.

You can say he’s missed on x, y, or z. But you can’t “rank” him as a GM without comparing him to other GM’s.

4. ewoo

ewoo Starter

Sounds like the strategic plan is to blow up the team this year and build it from scratch in ..22!

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It’s impossible to compare his performance to all GMs, of all time. If you set parameters, then you can begin to draw data but that is then subject to bias as folks use parameters to collect data that supports an opinion, supposition, conjecture or premise. That’s why there is an adage you can make stats say anything you want.

It is just as biased an opinion to assert that JRob is an excellent or terrible GM. I’m comfortable including our W-L record under his tenure in addition to his personnel record. And he’s a slightly above average GM IMO.

6. ewoo

ewoo Starter

Only problem I have is the reaches that JRob has made by overpaying vets and under performing draft picks! Especially the ones that the rest of the league was skeptical about! Wilson and Dodd was the worst reaches ever! Then paying top dollar for vets that couldn't stay on the field, IMO, Casey should've have stayed a Titan! But that's just me! At least he performed while on the field!:chairwack:

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Dodd was a bad pick, but he was projected as a late 1st mid 2nd, so the need and value was there.

The problem with Dodd was he was viewed as a one year wonder.

But you look at Dodd, Beasley, Clowney and to some degree Landry...maybe JRob needs to stay out of the Edge evaluations..although Dodd was his first draft as the GM, so the evaluation process was done

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Sure you can’t compare him to GM’s of all time, I was simply using that as a phrase. But you aren’t comparing him to any GM in the league. That’s the point I’m trying to make. You refuse to do it. So you cant says he’s “slightly above average” if you aren’t actually comparing him to anything.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Right- I just told you why above. Any comment is an opinion, including yours. You can’t prove he’s NOT slightly above average. That’s my point.

and btw- I stated I’m comfortable using the W-L record as a performance indicator.

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yes I can prove it lol. All you’ve gotta do is look around the league.... pick a GM from another team and compare how many pro bowls, all pro’s, starters, and busts. Then do the same for FA and trades.

W-L can be factored but it doesn’t account for what the GM inherited before him. I’m sure it’s also on JRob Vrabel punted on 4th and 2....this isn’t something you can use ONE stat to make an educated decision on. But if that’s all you’re willing to look at I can’t change that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar