Isaiah Wilson traded to Dolphins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dirk Diggler, Mar 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Jury is out on that one, but certainly a possibility. This years moves will tell us just how clever and strategic he is.

2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

JRob is years away from being in trouble. No one is getting judged based on the craziness of the last year. He screws us up and we don’t make the playoffs for the next 3 seasons then everybody gets fired.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Didn’t say he was in trouble, I said it would tell us if he is the Jeff Fisher or the Bill Bellichick of GMs if he has a great off season or another dud. Craziness of COVID didn’t make him sign Beasley or Wake, or draft Wilson, or ignore the kicker for two years, or watching his high draft picks migrate away to other teams...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

What high draft picks migrated away?

When has he had a dud? We don’t know about last years draft yet. Like I said.. it’s Wilson and Beasley. He went and got King didn’t he?

Kicker? Come on.... lol.

By the way..., Belichick isn’t going to look much different than Fisher without Brady,

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Conklin got away, possibly Davis, and kicker lost us games in 2019. King isn’t an edge, Wilson was a total fail, as was Dodd. Wake, Clowney, and Beasley ate cap and didn’t produce. Where is the Edge he has obtained? I’m not saying JR is a failure, he isn’t. But he hasn’t proven to be elite either. In my mind, the jury is still out on whether he makes that leap or not. Unless he starts drinking on the job, I expect he will be here for 15 more years.

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Ok... agree completely on EDGE. He has failed getting this team competent edge rushers. No disagreement at all. I think had he extended Davis when they had to the forum would have gone nuts. CD wasn’t producing till this season. They had to pick up his option before the season right? NO ONE would have been ok with that. Conklin was hurt a bunch. He was a risk. Should we have kept him? I dunno....has his leaving really hurt us?

JRob sucks at EDGE so far. I will not dispute that,

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Except, at that time, you could rescind the 5th year option at no obligation. That rule has now changed. Conklin was hurt with the one ACL injury, that virtually no one comes back from in year two. I believe, and it’s just my opinion, they could have extended him earlier at a much lesser cost. He was fully recovered with us his last season. In my mind, it’s strategy and critical thinking that is missing in the front office. The elite guys are one step ahead of the 5th year options and final contract years. We seem to be more reactive than proactive.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

For the people that are talking about all of JRob's busts, do you ever read projections and profiles for prospects?

Look at The Draft Network. They have Eric Stokes at #38, which is in line with where a lot of other sites have him. They list his ideal role as "outside only corner in sub packages". So you might not ever a starter out of a 1st roundish prospect.

2021 NFL Draft Scouting Report: CB Eric Stokes | The Draft Network

They have Elijah Moore at #49 as a "bottom of the roster slot guy". They have Rondale Moore at #51 as a rotational guy. They have pretty much every pass rusher prospect in this draft as sub package guys.

Fan expectations are WAY higher than team/scout expectations who seem to very every player outside the top 20 or so as flawed gambles.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bill Bellicheck of GMs? Exactly what has BB done that is so great as a GM? He just proved he is an average coach with average talent unless he has Brady playing for him. His team instantly went from SS contender to non playoff Mike Muchak like. Guess what BBs record is without Brady? 51-65. ahhh, Jeff Fisher maybe if that?

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I simply disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar