Isaiah Wilson Suspended

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Dec 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

This is the voice of reason. Cutting him is a terrible business decision and a complete overreaction. Right now he is looking like a total screw up—obviously. But it doesn’t appear he is hurting the team in any way or that he is some major distraction. And cutting him will cost us money not save us money the next two years. So the smart move is to do everything you can in the off season to turn him around and try to save the draft capital you invested. You do this until cutting him makes financial sense or he becomes a detrimental distraction to the team. That is the smart play.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Agree, this is the right thing to do for the team and for Wilson, get him help.
    This is a good example for clauses in all contracts for the team to cut ties with no financial implications, in saying that it needs to be within reason for the player as well.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Most fans scream “cut him” and have no idea what the cap implications are on any player they get mad at.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

True. Probably shouldn’t let it bother me.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

If Wilson was an actual starter and his antics were hurting the team... I'd be down with cutting him.

But he's not and they aren't. We'll see next year. And maybe actually do a trade if not.

6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I still vote for a bag of coke, a handful of hookers, and an anonymous phone call to the local police.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

1/2 oz should do the trick

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Who would trade for him if he doesn't shape up?
    And if he does why would you trade him?

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I meant try to trade.

But seems very shortsighted to get rid of him at this point, to me.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I'd trade this dude for a 4th rounder right now. No questions asked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar