Isaac Bruce... I like Ike!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957

metal957 Starter

Question how old was Pickens when we sighned him that one year?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think the Rams want to resign him anyway.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thats what will happen.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I want Antonio Bryant. He brings the deep threat we need and Sherman will be able to help turn him into a professional.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I don’t know how anyone could be comfortable heading into 2006 without adding a veteran wideout. I think the young players on this team should be forced to compete for starting positions not be handed them; Reinforce in them that starting for the Tennessee Titans is a privilege that should not be taken lightly. If the Titans sign Bruce to a two year contract (for what I’m sure would require more than the league minimum), and make him the #1 WR for 2006 and then leave Bennett, Calico, Williams, Roby and Jones to fight over placement on the depth chart, it creates a healthy competitive environment. I realize that at 33 Bruce is long in the tooth, but I think this makes him a perfect fit; an older, respected player to show these young prospects the amount of preparation and dedication it takes to become a star player in the league. I think this leadership area is sorely lacking with the Titans and I think to expect Bennett a guy who was playing QB not too long ago to mentor the receivers in that role is both wishful and flawed thinking.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You make a good point, but I dont think he will go anywhere except back to St. Louis.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

You're probably right, but it is an entirely new coaching staff (and this is a new head coach that just decided to cut him... not too endearing methinks), so perhaps he could be enticed away from the Lambs.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bennett is entering his sixth season. Calico his fourth. They both have to be considered veterans. Then you have Williams and Roby (and Jones when he returns) who all need the experience as the Titans "retool". I don't see Reese putting a lot of dollars into the position with that much young talent in it already.

I could see Reese bringing in more experience depending on how they feel about Calico and the return of Jones. But I would think he'd be someone who can stretch the field. Maybe Bobby Wade is that guy.

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Forget Bobby Wade. Give me a few more guys who know how to get open at 15 or 20, and call a few pass plays in that range.

10. metal957

metal957 Starter

I could see that happening we could use someone for the right $$$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar