Is Young Already Better Than Vick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., Dec 1, 2006.

?

Is Young Already Better Than Vick?

Poll closed Dec 8, 2006.
  1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Too early to tell

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The quote of the week, from Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News:

<blockquote>"Vince Young is playing the type of quarterback in his fourth month in the NFL that the Atlanta Falcons wish Mike Vick would be playing six years into his career. Young is a discretionary runner. He gives his arm a chance to make plays before he turns to his legs. Young trusts his arm to make throws and win games. Vick doesn't."

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/fromthe50/stories/112906dnspogosselin.32fd4787.html </blockquote>
    Your thoughts?

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i don't care much for Vick...

but it isn't b/c of his football skills (which I think are pretty darn good...he runs like a tailback and can throw it pretty good)...I don't like him as a leader on the football field...Vince will never give the home town crowd the bird...vince won't pout...and vince won't treat his teammates like he is better than them..

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Umm...

Young is coming along very nicely and I think we saw what he could do in the 4th qrtr last week. However, Vick has not been the problem in Atlanta this year. His recievers are simply not catching balls. I think Atlanta has the most drops this year or top 5. Because they run the ball so much, when they do pass and have a guy open deep and vick hits him in the numbers, you need to CATCH the ball.

Now I'm not saying Vick is Manning with legs, but he's been good and they'd have certainly a few more wins if they only cut their drops in half.

On the flip side, Young is progressing nicely. We've seen him 'manage' games, have some growing pains, but also the greatest comeback for a rookie QB in the history of the NFL. Young is further along than we could have hoped so be happy with that. I don't like 'jidging' players with so little a body of work or you end up with the Scott Mitchells of the world!

Gut

PS - Bonus point if you know who Scott Mitchell was...

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

x-Fish who signed a big contract with the Lions. First year there was pretty good - that is all.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I think Vick is such an unusual type of player that no OC really knows how to handle him. They have tried 4 different ones in the last 5 years. It was clear last Sunday he gave up on his receivers (with good reason), and tried to win the game himself. He doesn't seem to have a lot of chemistry with them, and they don't know what to do to help him out when he scrambles. That team is still lost trying to figure how to move the ball. A few games, they rushed for over 200 yards without Vick making big plays, then they decided they needed to pass more and that worked for a game or two. Eventually DC's figure out how to stop what you are doing, and this paints Vick into a corner. To answer the question, I would rather have Vince at this point.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

GoT for the win!

Nicely done!

Gut

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

good ole run n shoot

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hehehe...

I wish we still ran it! It's a great offense. Have fun trying to contain VY in that offense!

Gut

9. Vick has got to an NFC Championship, but imo, I don't think he will ever take his team to the super bowl, however, I think Young can, he's got clutch but as it is, this is Young's rookie year, so its definitely too early to tell...

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I've never looked at Vick as a leader.
    You need to be a leader as a QB in order to win games.

VY has shown some sparks of being a leader. I liked that he chew out drew last week vs the giants after Drew attempted to catch a pass with his helmet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar