Is tomorrow a must win?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'll say this. If this team want's to grind there feet in the dirt and establish some sort of groundwork for a season of confidencce building, this is a MUST-WIN game. It's a perfect oppurtunity to gain some stability in the minds of the players before we hit a stretch of very skilled opponents. This is a crucial game, and Fisher had better have this team ready, or I'll have a big problem.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Fish will have them ready. That'll be the least of their problems.

As long as they don't turn the ball over "too much" (Kerry Collins), and are able to run the ball somewhat effectively they should be okay.

3. Honestly, if we don't win tomorrow, there is a strong possibility of going 0-6, we have to win!!!

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Do you guys think that the national media gives Tennessee the shaft in general? I do. They ignore us, shun us, and when they do acknowledge us it is only to level a dis. The New York market is the largest in all of sports. They have a NFL team for each conference. Imagine what a big deal will be made of the Jets as "they right the ship"... If Tennessee wins no one will blink... point is, unless we want to be on the top half of primetime having our laundry aired on espn nationwide, we had best better win this damn game. There is no reason at all why we wouldn't have a fighting chance. They are every bit as weak as we are. Now, if you think all games are equal and they are all a must win, I've got news for you... THAT'S BULLCRAP! Don't sell yourself such a lie. This is a game by which the tone of the season could be set. What kind of mental block would the Tennessee Titans have going out on the road later in weeks 2 and 3 knowing they got their arses handed to them at home by a powder puff team led by a gimpy broke in half quarterback. The odds of the Titans winning in future weeks increases if they win this one. Otherwise the fight will be more uphill. It is absolute nonsense for one to take the position that each game is it's own bubble and that they do not run together. Have you ever heard of a loss after an emotional win? Honestly, I'm surprised there is something to debate in this thread.

ps- I'm at the Franklin [​IMG]Cool Springs !!!:nana2: :banana:

http://marriott.com

5. Absolutely positivily spot on:thumb:

6. sbrlz2787

sbrlz2787 NFL Europe

it is a must win !!

7. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

It's a must win considering the next 4 weeks

8. smili

smili Starter

It's telling that we're worried about beating the Jets. Outside of the Jets, the only other "have a good shot at" wins on the schedule are the Texans (twice) and the Bills.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, see, that way, all the pundits could talk about how the Titans were such a "great team"...like a schoolyard bully beating up the 98-pound weakling :rolleyes:

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:lol2:

:rotfl:

( yeah, i know it's out of context, but....hehehe...HeeHeehEE...BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar