Is this the final time we see Alterraun Verner as a Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The only position that is worth paying is the QB. The new rules have made everyone else way less important.

Putting the QB on his ass will get you penalties and fines in todays game.

Verner uses his instincts and intellect to be around the ball so much. He doesn't depend on elite athletic ability that will diminish over time. I think Verner is very much like Ronde Barber. A solid guy who will play at a high level for many years.

I pay the man. He is the type of guy that you want on your team. He is a football player.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No, we need solid, average to above average CBs. Like TT said.. there is no such thing as a shutdown corner anymore, due to the rules. Look at the CBs on the past few Super Bowl winning teams.. any superstars there?

Paying huge money to a CB is like throwing your money to the wind. It's the way of the world nowadays.
    Eventually people will wise up to this, and salaries will be adjusted accordingly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What?

Do the two of you really believe that?

Fullbacks are a dying bread, every down RB's are a dying bread, not CB's.

Cornerbacks are singled out on the regular, the weaker ones get exposed and picked on. You need consistent play from your CBs, otherwise you're toast. (See Nick Harper, Ryan Mouton, the 2 guys Justin Hunter was crapping all over 2 weeks ago, the list goes on and on).

If you want us to let our guard down at the CB position you might as well slit our throats and hang us upside down to bleed out.

You absolutely need good CB's in this league.

4. JCBRAVE

He wont get paid like a top 5 CB. He's slow and has limited range. GM's will play that card to get him to settle for less.

Top 5 CB salaries:
    $96,000,000
    $50,100,000
    $50,000,000
    $48,750,000
    $48,750,000

you think we're shelling out another colossal contract after what C.J. did to us?

So yes, that would make you a moron. Sorry if I did call you that, but to suggest we're about to pay Verner $48,750,000 or more............................. C'mon man!

We didn't even hand McCourty that much, and he's our No.1 CB

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think that we will offer Verner a contract that is slightly better than Mccourty's 6 yr 44mil with 17 mil guaranteed.

6. nickmsmith

I said you need average to above average ones. And It's BREED. Bread is what you eat unless you are gluten intolerant.

7. JCBRAVE

Pointing out a spelling error, the true sign youre argument is week.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

No. A dying bread. Like pumpernickel. You can't just get pumpernickel anywhere these days.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

It should be in that neighborhood, but I dont believe we pay him that handsomely. Remember, he is the number 2 CB.

10. nickmsmith

not gonna do it...

no. Super bowl winning QBs supports the argument that you don't have to have the high dollar big name CBs on your team to get the big one.. You do have to have a good QB.

here are your 2013 SB winning CBs:
    RCB — 29 Cary Williams; 23 Chykie Brown
    LCB — 24 Corey Graham; 22 Jimmy Smith; 39 Chris Johnson

2012:

Webster and Ross were solid CBs.. not big money stars.

Woodson was a star on the down slope of his career.. Tramon Williams.. not so much.

Saints SB win

Jabari Greer and Tracy Porter.. not quite household names.

Steelers win Vs. Cards:

Ike Taylor
    Bryant McFadden

enough holes punched in the argument, or shall I proceed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar