Is this the "dismantling of the franchise"?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Most everybody remembers Hoge's statement that Vince Young would be the beginning of the dismantling of the Titan's franchise.

Do you think he's right?

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Jeff Fisher is the dismantling of the franchise and for me it started when he ran McNair and Volek out of town.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This this this! Wish I hadn't used all my high fives yesterday.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Fisher is the millstone around this teams neck.

Nothing will happen until the seasons over.

5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

LOL! You think Fisher ran McNair out of town? McNair was due $50 Million that season and it came down from ownership to lock him out. There's never been a player make remotely close to that amount of money for 1 season. Mac wanted more than the Titans were willing to give him and the Titans knew they weren't very talented. Mac got to go to a great team and finish out his career.

Now Volek..... lol
    That's like getting upset about running Nickey out.

You have to get rid of problems and malcontents.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I doubt it. It would not surprise me at all to see Fisher back next year and the Titans with a new QB and another season of almost making the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I don't like any of the QB's that are coming out next year. Locker is iffy. No way we get Luck.

Who knows...I just hope that our solution isn't getting Kolb or someone comparable.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You need to get your facts straight. If you think Fisher had anything but deep appreciation if not love for McNair, you are insane. as DBC said, that was a front office/money decision.

Volek was a dispute between those two, but not many people were crying when he left, though Volek should have been the starter here.

Who has Fisher actually "run out of town" besides Volek? I'm sure Deuce could come up with some C-grade receiver or something, but why didn't they stick anywhere else???? Because they were a C-grade receiver, or a crap person.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I can think of a few 'Z' list players he's run 'into' town. :)

10. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

I found an old clip on Youtube. Hoge said Leinart, Young and Cutler were not worth taking in the first round. He's looking like a genius about now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar