Is Nate Davis Really the Answer at RG?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I think our staff really likes nate davis and really likes Kelly as well or we wouldn't have spent a 3rd rd pick on nate and we wouldn't have given kelly 8 million per year. We aren't touching oline on the 1st 2 days of the draft. Bet money on it.(not moolah, real money)

I could see us targeting a guy like Charlottes Cameron Clark on day 3 though for sure. That's how Much i think our FO likes Nate Davis. Enough to go get his old teammate and let him take over kellys old role.

#41 J Falk, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    • LOL LOL x 3
  2. JVC34

JVC34 Special Teams Standout

The issue for me is not Kelly or Nate....the issue is both of them starting together. We draft a legitimate starting OL, and then that will puss Nate and Kelly to elevate their game. Cant see them starting together on the line. Our biggest weakness is there not the defensive backfield, we're not desperate there....we have a hole, but can easily be filled in with a 3rd round CB....that position is deep in this years drat. You can't allow your right side of the line regress and impact the running game. That's our strength and allows Tanny to excel.

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Kelly has always been just as good if not better than Conklin for us. Davis will get better. We'll be fine.

The holes on our defense are way more pressing needs.

But 4real though, are these ugly ass uniforms really the answer for us? With our colors, we have potential to have such amazing jerseys. I just watched the Chargers unveil their new unis and im so fckin jealous.

#43 J Falk, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  4. JVC34

Jeff gladney with our first pick? The argument here is value....I have him rated late 2nd. From 29 down to 60 all CB are virtually around the same level and working projects. Why waste a legitimate number one OL pic, when you can pic up a CB value pic in round 2 or 3? Makes no sense.

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Hell no, definitely not gladney at 29.

Ross Blacklock, Jordan Elliot or AJ Epenesa at 29. Jaylon Johnson, Damon Arnette or Cam Dantzler at 61.

6. JVC34

All high value there.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Kelley is a question mark for a full season but I really see Jones as the guy that we need upgraded.

I also want to see Saffold perform for 16 games. He also started weak last year.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

The whole team started weak last year. The line was really good as a whole from week 6 on. Lewan coming back, the line forming chemistry, Henry, and Tannehill were all reasons for this, but there is no reason to panic about the line right now. They were one of the strongest parts of our team last year, and like is said, Kelly is just as good as Conk was at RT. There's no reason to think our line will just fall apart after the way we ended the season. I mean Derrick Henry didn't get all those yards in the playoffs on his own.

9. Carp

Carp Starter

Hard pass on Elliot. I like Epenesa, but I don't feel like Edge is as important as interior DL. Blacklock makes more sense.

I don't think Jaylon Johnson lasts to 61. I don't know that he makes it out of the 1st round.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Carp

Carp Starter

With reports on T's going heavy in the 1st, I could see this. One of the newest mocks has us taking Isaiah Wilson at 29. That seems like a bit of reach. I do like Wilson quite a bit, though I was wanting him in the 2nd round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar