Is Mariota making a grave mistake?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

What the hell is Mariota and the staff thinking!? They should consult fan message boards before making this kind of decision lol

• LOL LOL x 5
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

When a far dude falls on your leg something’s gotta give. A brace prevents a knee injury, but won’t prevent a broken leg.

Also what does him losing 10 lbs have to do with him pulling a hamstring?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

“We’ll see. It might be a different story when the pads are on,” he said. “But for now, yeah, I feel comfortable, I feel good. The whole knee brace, it felt restricting, but at the same time I have to be smart and try to be safe out there. We’ll see. I’m not sure. I haven’t made that decision

Wasn't he wearing one when he got injured last year?

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

. However, what about for preventing knee injuries? This year the Dallas Cowboy linemen were horrified to learn that they were being required to wear knee braces during practice. Not to soothe old injuries, but to try to prevent new injuries.

Dr. David Geier reviewed the evidence on knee braces to prevent injuries during football. One study reported that knee braces did indeed reduce the rate of injuries to the MCL (the ligament on the inside of the knee, the inner-knee counterpart to the ACL). Two studies found no effect of prophylactic bracing on knee injuries. One study reported an increase in knee ligament injuries if braces were worn. And another study reported an increase in foot and ankle injuries if knee braces were worn. So the evidence is definitely not very consistent in regards to the ability of knee braces to prevent injury in football

Do knee braces prevent knee injuries?

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Apparently, JCB thinks a knee brace is equivalent to wearing an Iron Man suit.

• LOL LOL x 3
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think it's a good idea for players with knee issues

Or anyone that plays around the line

Knee injuries have gone up since last year if im not mistaken

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Him being too lean made him more succeptible to soft tissue injury, me and Riverman both stated as such last year.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dont forget me and @SawdustMan

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I like this Iron Man suit idea... intriiiiiiiiiguing.

Sidenote: When are they gonna make a Cyberball movie? I mean if Rampage can be a movie, why not Cyberball!

#30 Dangermode, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar