Is Marc Mariani on the Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 27, 2012.

?

Does Marc Mariani make it out of camp?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2012.
  1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Has anyone seen Hawk with the ball in his hands? He goes sideways all day. Every time he catches the ball near the first down marker he gives it up by going backwards then has to fight his way back. Kills me every time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If we cut Mariani, would he be eligible for practice squad? What's the rule on that?

DWill wasn't horrible at returner. Mariani just barely beat him out their rookie years, because DWill fumbled once in a pre-season game. He could get it done.

Hawkins is interesting. When he played at CAL with DeSean Jackson, Hawkins not Jackson returned kickoffs and Jackson handled punts. Hawk definitely has the talent to do it.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Tommie C is the clear choice. Pretty sure he is 1-1 on returns for touchdowns.

4. lee7786

lee7786 Practice Squad

He didn't return that kick. That was a reverse. We don't know how good his hands are. If that was sarcasm, I apologize.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not 100% on this, but I think Mariani makes too much money to be a practice squad player for us. He may also be too old for it (played too many real games). He might have to be cut first in order to be eligible, but again, I'm not entirely sure if that's right or not.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who notices this, he has some nice moves, but worry about the first down first.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

But he always gets the 1st!! Ha ha

I know exactly what your saying though. He'll go backwards, make a dude miss, then make 2 more dudes miss to get the 1st down. Then he'll get up and do his 1st down dance. I LOL everytime. I like our receiving core because of its versatility. At this point, I feel like we've got great playmakers, possession receivers, and route runners. We've also got a pretty talented young TE group.

Excited to watch some football this year.

8. JCBRAVE

Im still mad at Hawk for not getting the 1st during Lockers first series in at QB

Hes got ability but might be better suited for dancing with the stars. Football players fair pretty well in that compitition

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Sorry bout the "it sucks" but Hawk did his thing last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

By "did his thing" what does that mean? Took dude 4 years to finally score a TD.

He's alright but certainly not the player you seem to think he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar