Is Marc Mariani on the Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 27, 2012.

?

Does Marc Mariani make it out of camp?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2012.
  1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I like Mariani but yeah someone has to go.

2. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Can Campbell field a punt? We know he can field a pitch and run like hell, but can he field a punt with opposing players bearing down on him?

People always seem to forget the other team when it comes to KR/PR, it takes a ton of confidence and vision of the field to stand there and field a punt while the other teams player is coming down on you full bore hoping to rip your head off to make you fumble.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

its really not as hard as you make it sound..

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

some guys can't do it. but what I'm saying is a lot of players CAN...

6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

i agree. kick returners are just slowly being phased out. the addition of wright spells doom for mariani imo.

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I wouldn't mind seeing Tommie Campbell returning kicks if it frees up a roster spot.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

What did Damian Williams do to impress you guys? I guess disappearing most of the season is impressive? I think he still has promise, but he seriously has to turn it up a notch. His rookie season was promising.

And what in blue hell makes any of you think Williams or Wright either one returns kicks? They don't. They have before, but both of them have very limited experience returning.

Look at the receivers the Titans are putting in place. Hawkins got an extension because he did decent getting YAC when Locker was on the field. Wright is a YAC guy. High percentage offense for a young QB.

It is perfectly logical for the Titans to keep six. If someone is ousted, I doubt it's Mariani, however. Everyone has to have a position, but there are position players, and there are ST'rs. Mariani is never going to be a real WR at this level, but he is a lifer ST'r, and he's still playing well. Doesn't make sense.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Kickoffs don't matter anymore so really we're talking about fielding punts and both Wright and Campbell can do that. Mariani brings nothing to the WR position and his only value is quickly becoming irrelevant.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Read tnne.ws/JLTQy2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar